The resource is laid out in 6 weekly themes, with ‘week 1’ starting at the return to school following the summer break. The themes for the weeks have been carefully considered to communicate what it is that we want children to hear and feel from their school environment in the weeks following their transition back from lockdown. These themes have been developed on the basis of psychological theory and logical sequences of learning.
Each theme is linked to the CfE Health and Wellbeing Experiences and Outcomes and includes;
- What do young people need to know?
- What can young people do?
- A short video for each theme explaining some of the key learning points for that theme in a practical way.
- A PowerPoint with reflection questions/discussion points.
Staff should ensure they have read the weekly plans for the resource. This can be found by clicking here –Skills for Recovery for Pupils
We have developed a new resource to be shared with pupils of secondary age who are isolating at home. This resource focuses on regulating our feelings and follows the same format of our full resource – ‘What you need to know’ and ‘What you need to do’. There is also information which signposts supports available to young people. This is followed up with a duplicate of this resource suitable for sharing with parents with further signposting for help. This resource can be shared using the following links:
- Wellbeing when isolating – Pupils
- Wellbeing when isolating – Parents
- Wellbeing when isolating – Parents of primary pupils
- (11 min clip) YouTube link
- PowerPoint – We’ve missed you – Reconnecting
- PowerPoint as pdf – We’ve missed you – Reconnecting
- Infographic – Reconnecting
- (3 min clip) YouTube link
- PowerPoint – How are we coping with change – Belonging
- PowerPoint as pdf – How are we coping with change – Belonging
- Infographic – Belonging
- (10 min clip) YouTube link
- PowerPoint –Doing things that make us feel better straight away – Regulating
- PowerPoint as pdf – Doing things that make us feel better straight away – Regulating
- Infographic – Regulating
- (8 min clip) YouTube link
- PowerPoint – Connecting With Our Feelings – Relating
- PowerPoint pdf – Connecting With Our Feelings – Relating
- Infographic –Relating
- (3 mins 17 secs) YouTube link
- Principles of Attuned Interaction and Guidance (to be shared on media platform)
- PowerPoint with video embedded – Supporting ourselves and others – Responding
- PowerPoint pfd – Supporting ourselves and others – Responding
- Infographic – Responding