We are extremely excited to announce that our new Alcohol and Substance Education Resource Pack for early years, primary and secondary sectors has been shortlisted for a COSLA Award. Fingers crossed for the results at the end of September 2023!
Here’s a look at the amazing work of Iamme Scotland and how they developed the NHSGGC toolkit into a digital, interactive resource with the voice of the community at the heart of it.
For suggested resources for Early Years, Primary and Secondary sectors, click on the link – Alcohol, Drugs and Substance Misuse CfE Levels, Resources and Links
Our resource was based on the NHSGGC Substance Misuse Toolkit developed in 2014 which aimed to reduce harm caused by substance misuse by:
- Equipping staff with the knowledge and confidence they require to teach pupils about the effects, risks and consequences of substance use by providing them with a range of materials and methodologies
- Encouraging learners to make informed choices about alcohol, drugs and tobacco
- Supporting an age appropriate and inclusive approach to education in relation to substances within the context of a Curriculum for Excellence
- Identifying evidence based resources and approaches and share good practice with staff across the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area
- Ensuring that resources are up to date and fit for purpose
Click here for the NHGGC Drug Misuse Toolkit.