We are extremely excited to be working with Iamme Scotland on our new Substance Misuse Resource Pack for early years, primary and secondary sectors. Work has already begun enhancing the NHSGGC Substance Misuse Toolkit and ensuring that pupil voice is at the heart of these developments. Our EY/Primary resource will be launched in April with Secondary resources following soon after.
The NHSGGC toolkit contains quality assured substance misuse education resources to support staff working with young people. Resources include lesson plans, resource packs and relevant websites. Our work with Iamme will takes these resources and creates animations and digital content to enhance lessons.
For suggested resources for Early Years, Primary and Secondary sectors, click on the link – Alcohol, Drugs and Substance Misuse CfE Levels, Resources and Links
The Substance Misuse Toolkit aims to reduce harm caused by substance misuse by:
- Equipping staff with the knowledge and confidence they require to teach pupils about the effects, risks and consequences of substance use by providing them with a range of materials and methodologies
- Encouraging learners to make informed choices about alcohol, drugs and tobacco
- Supporting an age appropriate and inclusive approach to education in relation to substances within the context of a Curriculum for Excellence
- Identifying evidence based resources and approaches and share good practice with staff across the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area
- Ensuring that resources are up to date and fit for purpose
The lessons created by NHSGGC include a range of activities which include interactive quizzes, paired working and individual learning.
Click here for the NHGGC Drug Misuse Toolkit.