I would like to say it is business as usual, but it is more like business ‘as usual as it can be’. We are open for borrowing and have lifted some restrictions on browsing now in line with the public library and guidance, but you need to ensure you are thorough in sanitising your hands between sections of the library when browsing. As indicated below, we would still encourage you not to touch the books beyond those which you want to borrow.
There are a few more displays in the library, of both new stock and older stock. Please feel free to borrow from these displays. A book order went in recently based on requests made in the first couple of weeks. Look out for quite a few Manga novels as they appear to be in demand. Please do suggest books for the library. Tell Me (Mrs Sinclair) or use the request forms in the library Team on Glow. Pupils and staff are in the process of being added but you can request to join here.
Can I come to the library? – YES!
- S1-3 – Before registration, Break time, and lunchtime (12:35- 1:15pm)
- S4-6 – Luncthime (11:45 – 12:25)
- During classtime – individuals or small groups if you are sent by your teacher
Can I borrow library books? – YES, absolutely! Bring you library card.
- S1-3 – 4 books for 4 weeks
- S4 – 6 books for 4 weeks
- S5-6 – 8 books for 8 weeks
Can I browse the shelves? – YES!
- Avoiding touching until you have found one you want (use sanitiser)
- Lots more books on display to increase visibility
- Don’t forget the new books display
- Can’t find what you want? Ask Mrs Sinclair to help.
- Sanitise hands on entering and leaving the library and between sections of the library when browsing books
- Wear face coverings
- Be seated
- Wear warm clothing as the windows will be open for ventilation
- Carefully wipe down chairs, desks, PCs, etc where you have sat before you leave the library
- Book returns to black box on table in reference section (quarantine)
- Books are also cleaned prior to lending, as well as after the quarantine
What are the physical changes?
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Reduced seating – no soft seating
- Lower Library
- 8 at tables
- 8 at computers
- 12 individual seats
- Reduced number of PCs
- More book displays
- No access to the Reference Section (it is being used as storage)
- Limited access to Upper Library
- 2 metre distancing from Librarian’s desk