The library operates within Stromness Academy’s Behaviour Policy:
There are specific points relating to library use which pupils should familiarise themselves with.
Code of Conduct
1. Visit the library to read, use resources, study, do homework or use computers. If coming from class, arrive in an orderly manner.
2. Behave calmly and quietly and be considerate of other users (staff or pupils).
3. No food or drink.
4. Switch off mobile phones and personal music players.
5. Get all resources issued by the Librarian before you take them out of the library.
6. Leave the library neat and tidy with resources returned to the shelves and chairs pushed under tables.
- Enter and move around quietly.
- Leave schoolbags along wall inside the entrance.
- Leave mobile phones, personal music players and water bottles in school bags.
- Have the relevant equipment (pens, etc.), jotters, books out and ready for work.
- Have library card and planner.
- Follow all instructions given by any member of staff.
- Keep discussion quiet and on topic or do silent reading / study (as appropriate).
- Ask permission before using the computers or Careers Section.
- Sign on and off the computers in the logbook at the issue desk.
- Furniture shouldn’t be moved.
- Leave the library neat and tidy with chairs tucked under tables and resources put away in correct place.
- No food or drink including chewing gum.