St. Patrick's Primary, New Stevenston

Primary 6/7

Week beginning 15th June 2020

Sentence Scavenger Hunt

Apostrophe

Maths

Problem-Solving-Book-B

Topic

Continue your transition to high school/P7 booklet.

Week beginning 8th June 2020

Writing

P7 – I would like you all to write a letter about your thoughts about starting high school.  I have attached a template for you to either use or guide you.  I would love to read these letters to get an insight to how you are all feeling.  Maybe you could take a photo of the finished letters and send them to me via Teams.

P6 – You could do the same letter but instead write about your feelings about moving into P7 and how it’s your last year at St. Patrick’s.

Transition to Secondary School Letter

Maths

A wee task you help you revise your tables.

spring multiplication

Topic

Last week I asked you to research an influential person of your choice and record it in a way you chose? Did any of you manage to do this?

This week I would like to concentrate on your move to high school. I have attached a booklet for you to work through.  If you can print it off then great, if not you could design your own pages.

Primary 7 Memory Scrapbook Booklet

4th June 2020

Reading

Toy Story

Maths

Fractions

Week beginning 1st June 2020

Writing

Perhaps you could do a little piece of writing this week.  Write a personal piece about one day of lockdown.  Could it be something you did in your garden on a sunny day?  Maybe it could be about a relative that you have really missed and why.

Spelling

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 7

Maths

This short video explains equivalent fractions.  Have a look and try the worksheets that follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zsxhfg8/articles/zwjwgdm

Worksheets

equivalent-fractions-fraction-wall

equivalent-fractions-with-circles-3

R.E.

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday.  We learned about it during our preparation for Confirmation.  I have put on a PowerPoint and a worksheet for you to look at on Pentecost.

Pentecost PowerPoint

Pentecost worksheet

Topic

Over the last few weeks we have looked at a number of different influential people and researched their life.  To finish this topic off I would like you to choose an influential person of your own to do some work on.  This could be someone well known who has done something that you find brave or interesting or it could be someone that you look up to in your family.  I would like you to produce a finished piece of work on this person, maybe a poster or a PowerPoint.

Week beginning 26th May 2020

Reading

I have assigned a couple of books on Mother Teresa on the Epic reading website.  Choose either of them to read and this should help with your research.

Spelling

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 6

A spelling sumdog challenge has been set.

Maths

Second Level Expressions and Equations Symbols

A sumdog challenge has been set.

Continue to revise tables, this week concentrate on the 7 and 8 times tables.

Topic

This week’s influential person is Mother Teresa of Calcutta.  Research her and find as much information as you can about her.  Record this information in a format of your choice.

Mother Teresa PowerPoint

Week beginning 18th May 2020

Reading

I have assigned a new book for you to read on the Epic website.  It is on Malala Yousafzai, who I would also like you to research this week.

Spelling

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 5

Maths

Second Level Estimating and Rounding Back to the Start (1)

Colour by multiplication and division

R.E.

Today marks 100 years since the birth of Pope John Paul II, now Saint John Paul II.  Perhaps you could research this wonderful Saint and find out as much information as you can about him.  You could include his visit to Scotland in 1982.  Maybe some members of your family were there and they could tell you all about it.  I was there and will be happy to tell you all about it when I see you all again.

Topic

This week’s influential person, as well as Saint John Paul II, is Malala Yousafzai.  Please continue your hard work researching this young lady.

t3-p-68-malala-yousafzai-fact-file_ver_1

French Activity

Good morning Primary 6/7. I hope you are all well. I am missing you, missing the outdoor PE we would have been doing and missing our French lessons. I hope you are keeping fit as best you can. Below is some revision of animals in French. Do you remember what “un chien”  is? Have a look at the first link to refresh your memory then try the worksheet. Good luck.

french_animals

french_les_animaux_ws 3

Week beginning 12th May 2020

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 4

Maths

Second Level Expressions and Equations Mosaic

spring multiplication

RE

Please find attached a Hail Mary colouring sheet for you to complete.

Hail Mary

Perhaps you could make your own May altar in your bedroom.

Topic

This week’s influential person is Mahatma Gandhi.  I have attached a link to a website that will help you find some information about him.  Again I would like you to do your own personal research on him and produce a finished piece of work of you choice.

http://kids.britannica.com/kids/article/Mahatma-Gandhi/353163

Week beginning 4th May 2020

P6:7 Literacy 3

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 3

http://www.getepic.com/sign-in

The above link will take you to the Epic website.  This website lets us read books online. Click on the students and educators button and enter your class code which is mwb7850.  Now click on your name and start reading.  I have assigned a book for you all that I hope you will find interesting.

Maths

Using BODMAS

bodmas-first-steps-sheet-2

Second-Level-Multiples-and-Factors-Relationship-between-multiplication-and-division

RE

The Memorare

Topic

This week’s influential person is Martin Luther King.  I have attached a reading sheet and some questions for you to try.  Choose which level of reading you would like to do, there are three levels.  Try not to look at the answers 🙂  Maybe you could create a fact file on Martin Luther King.  You might also find some information about him in the book I assigned for you on Epic.

Martin Luther King

Mrs Carroll x

Maths Puzzle form Miss Coyle

Hello Primary 6/7. I hope you are all safe and well. I have put a maths puzzle below for you to try. I will let you know next Monday who the culprit is.

Miss Coyle

2h Football Shirts Maths Mystery Game

French Activity

Good morning boys and girls. Just a wee French activity and quiz to keep you connected to France and french. Hopefully one day you can visit Paris and actually see the Eiffel Tower. In the meantime, good luck in the quiz.

https://www.euroclub-schools.org/the-eiffel-tower

http://www.esqw2.org.uk/page26.htm

Primary 67

Hello P6/7, how are you all? I hope you all had a lovely Easter break and didn’t overindulge on chocolate (I did)! The weather has been lovely and I hope you have all managed to do a little exercise each day. I have added some things that you could maybe work on and try over the next few days. If you manage to do some things then great but it is important to enjoy the sunshine and spend time with your families. Remember to stay safe and take care. It would be lovely to hear back from all of you.

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/nl/public/stpatricksnewstevenston/uploads/sites/26411/2020/04/20124327/P67-Literacy.docx

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/nl/public/stpatricksnewstevenston/uploads/sites/26411/2020/04/20130414/2nd-Level-Writing-Spelling-Week-11.docx

Maths
https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/nl/public/stpatricksnewstevenston/uploads/sites/26411/2020/04/20124343/BODMAS.docx
Revise all times tables

Citizenship (Topic)
Last term we looked at Children’s Rights and the rights of others. Over the next few weeks I would like you to research some influential people who campaigned for the rights of others. This week I would like you to research Rosa Parks. You can choose to do your research in any way you like, it could be a powerpoint, a poster or even just writing down facts. I hope you enjoy doing this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/history-ks1-ks2-rosa-parks/z7rtvk7
The above link has a video about Rosa Parks that I think you might enjoy. You will find lots of information from it.

I will also set Sumdog challenges for Maths and Spelling. Take care everyone, I miss you all loads.

Mrs Carroll x

First Level Literacy Home Activities

Second Level Literacy Activities

Second Level Speech & Language Homework Activities

Useful online resources to pray at home

My_Activity_Book_Yrs_7_11

EF_00204 Supporting Children Interactive (1)

Maths Puzzles from Miss Coyle

Hello primary 6/7. Hope you are all well. I have put a maths puzzle below for you to try.  If you post your answer, I will let you know on Friday who the practical joker is! Good luck!

2h Football Shirts Maths Mystery Game

Week Beginning 27th April 2020

2nd Level Writing – Spelling – Week 2

P6:7 Literacy 2

Maths

Emoji codebreakers

spring multiplication

Remember to continue revising all times tables.

Topic

Last week we looked at Rosa Parks.  Maybe you could tell me what you found out about her in the comments.  This week I would like to to look at the life of Nelson Mandela.  I have attached a PowerPoint with lots of information about him to help get you started.

Nelson Mandela PowerPoint

Boys and girls, please make the most of the good weather and try to get your hours exercise each day.  I will also set a sumdog challenge for maths and spelling for you to work on.

Take care and stay safe.  Mrs Carroll x