First of all, welcome back to all after the Easter holidays. I hope everyone enjoyed the 2 weeks off. I have to thank the number of staff and pupils who came out during the holidays for the Easter school – I have no doubt this will have had a positive impact on the pupils’ preparation for their exams.
Congratulations to our Senior Netball team who made it to the final of the North Lanarkshire School League against St Andrew’s in Coatbridge. The girls fought hard but finished runners up. A great achievement.
S4/5/6 finish up for the SQA exams which begin on Monday 30th April. Good luck to everyone in their exams. Hard work pays off! This marked the last day for our S6 pupils and we celebrated with a Mass in the school followed by lunch, attended by staff, pupils and their families. It was a lovely event and a very fitting way to mark their last day. I would like to take the opportunity to wish all of our S6 pupils and other leavers the very best in all they do in the future.
We have 3 pupils and 2 staff heading to Malawi in June and the pupils and parents have done a fantastic job of raising money for this. Staff have organised a Race night in the Electric bar on Friday 11th May. Tickets are available from the PE and RE departments and any donations for raffles are gratefully received.
Well done to a number of pupils who participated in the North Lanarkshire’s Dance Competition. They did really well and were placed n various categories.
We recently purchased a school app and details have been given to pupils and emailed to parents on how to download it. This can be downloaded for free on any number of devices so please add this to your collection of apps on your phone and keep the notifications turned on so you receive important messages that are sent out.
- Monday 30th April – SQA Exams begin
- Monday 30th April – Parent Council Meeting at 7pm
- Monday 7th May – School Holiday
- Tuesday 8th May – Inservice Day
- Wednesday 9th May – Academy Uniform Evening
- Thursday 10th May – Academy Uniform Evening
- Friday 11th May – S1 Reports Issued
- Friday 25th May – School Holiday
- Monday 28th May – School Holiday
- Monday 4th June – P7 Parents’ Mass and Information Evening
- Tuesday 5th June – Parent Council Meeting