We recently were involved in hosting a group of pupils from Pistoia in Italy. They spent some time with groups of our pupils, visited classes, had a disco and Ceilidh and had visits to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and New Lanark.
A group of S4 pupils represented the school recently at the Love Life Conference in St. Bride’s Hall. This was also attended by a number of school from across the diocese.
The Schools 6K run for St Andrew’s Hospice took place in Strathclyde Park on Sunday 17th and was attended by staff and pupils. Some ran and some strolled round on a warm Sunday morning. I was fairly pleased with my time but a bit gutted that Mr McQuillan beat me by about 15 seconds!
Our Senior Awards Ceremony took place on Tuesday 19th. This was a great evening to celebrate the successes of the pupils over the last year. We were delighted to be joined by Mrs Kathleen Sinclair who came back to give out the awards. It was lovely to hear the pupils talk of their experiences over the last year and the support they received. At the ceremony, cheques were also presented as a result of fundraising that had taken place over the year.
Just a reminder that you can keep up to date with what is going on in the school by following Twitter: @OLHSMotherwell. You will be able to find links to departments from here.
- Monday 2nd October 6.30pm – Parent Council and PTA AGMs and meetings. All welcome.
- Friday 6th October – PTA Hairspray singalong in the School. Doors open 7pm Film starts 7.45pm. Tickets £5 at the door. BYOB. Please come along and support this event.
- Monday 9th October – S1 Retreats (1N1 & 1N2)
- Tuesday 10th October – S1 Retreats (1N3 & 1N4)
- Wednesday 11th October – School Photographs (S1/2)
- Thursday 12th October – School Photographs (S3 & S4 (pupils not on work experience) & family photos
- 16th – 20th October – October week. School closed
- 24th October – School Photographs (S5/6 & S4 (pupils not on work experience))