- Pupils should wear face masks in corridors, communal areas and school buses.
- Pupils should check their timetable carefully.
- We are encouraging pupils to keep their Glow details up to date. Please see our Glow Guide for additional information.
- As per Scottish Government advice, social distancing between pupils is not required.
- Face masks should be worn in all corridors, classrooms and communal areas.
- Please be aware that there must still be 2 metres social distancing between adults and between adults and pupils.
- Pupils should keep left and walk in single file in the corridors and on stairs at all times.
- Pupils should be discouraged from any social physical contact (hand to hand greetings/hugs).
- Despite no requirement for social distancing, pupils are encouraged to avoid large crowds.
- Hand sanitisers are available at all entrances to the school and pupils and staff should sanitise their hands before entering the building.
- Notices are around the school and at sinks about proper washing of hands.
- Work stations will be sanitised before each use. Appropriate cleaning material will be available.
- Hand gel is available in classrooms.
- Everyone should be encouraged to use a tissue or elbow to stifle a cough or sneeze.
- A day cleaner will be in school to undertake enhanced cleaning of hotspots throughout the day.
- Pupils are encouraged to walk/cycle school if possible.
- Scottish Government advice is that dedicated school transport is regarded as an extension to the school estate and therefore social distancing is not required.
- Update: face coverings should now be worn on school transport
- Family groups should sit together.
- If not in a family group, pupils are encouraged to sit with their own year group.
- Food and drink must not be consumed in transport.
- Pupils should sanitise their hands as soon possible after leaving the bus.
- Pupils using public transport must adhere to current guidance, i.e. social distancing and the wearing of face masks, unless an exemption is in place.
- Pupils who come to school in a taxi, should sit in the back seat and wear a face mask.
Uniform / PE
- Full school uniform should be worn.
- Scottish Government guidance states that school uniforms / clothing and staff clothing should be washed/cleaned as normal.
- Changing rooms will not be available for use at the present. This means that pupils should come in wearing their PE kit on the days they have PE. This only applies to the days that pupils have PE classes. Please be aware whether you are in week 1 or week 2.
- In order to avoid crowded areas pupils will be encouraged outside at the start of day and so outdoor jackets are recommended on days when the weather is inclement.
Classrooms / Library
- School bags are allowed and should be put on the floor not on the desk.
- Pupils should only bring what they require for that day in their schoolbag.
- Wipes will be provided to sanitise a desk before use.
- Unnecessary resource sharing including textbooks will be avoided.
- Please return all Library books. All Library books will be quarantined for 72 hours after return.
Intervals / Lunchtimes
- On a rota basis, different year groups will be dismissed earlier for intervals and lunchtimes.
- Pupils are encouraged to make their way outside and avoid congregating in large groups, particularly inside.
- Year groups should stay in their allocated areas as far possible.
- Meals should be pre-ordered using the app. Information on the app has been sent directly to parents by NLC.
- Bringing a packed lunch should be considered to avoid unnecessary queues. There will be areas available for pupils to eat packed lunches.
- S1 pupils must not go offsite at lunchtime. This has always been the school policy.
- S2-6 pupils who choose to go offsite for lunch should follow the rules in place for wider society, e.g. wearing a face covering when entering a shop.
- Pupils must adhere to the rules of each shop and follow these meticulously, e.g. numbers in a shop at the one time.
- If pupils are offsite they must be respectful of social distancing with other members of the public.
- Hand hygiene is essential and pupils must sanitise on their return to school.
- Pupils must be back in time for PM classes.