S1 pupils had a special assembly with the Gideons where they were presented with their own personal copy of the New Testament Bible. This tradition has been going for many years in schools. In fact, I still have the copy of the Bible I received when I was in S1 – that was a good few years ago now!
S6 UCAS applicants visited the Computer Centre at Caldervale HS last week as part of the programme the school offers to support their applications to university. All S6 pupils who were not involved in the UCAS programme took part in a successful DYW (Developing the Young Workforce) day which took place in the school.
Two of our pupils Mary Kate Ross and Jamie Lester joined Mrs Woolley in a visit to Auschwitz. As has been the experience of previous visitors here, they all found it very moving and emotional. Mary Kate and Jamie will be sharing their experience with other pupils at a later date.
A group of S3/4 pupils visited the Glasgow Film Theatre to enjoy a Spanish film. Once again the pupils were an absolute credit to the school and to their parents. Well done!
S1 Retreat are taking place this week at Carfin Grotto. Many thanks to Mrs Hill and Fr Delaney who are organising these and to some of our S6 Caritas pupils who are helping out.
We have a Homework Club that takes place on a Wednesday and Friday at lunchtime. This is proving to be very successful with over 50 pupils turning up. It is great to see such commitment.
This week and then the week after the October break we have a S4 pupils out on Work Experience. This is a great time for pupils to get a feel for what a workplace is really like and also an idea of whether or not a particular type of career is for them. We are so grateful to local businesses and parents and friends for helping out with the provision of these placements.
At the end of this week we bid a fond farewell to Mrs Glover our Principal Teacher of Performing Arts as she moves on to her new life in Perthshire. She has been in Our Lady’s HS for over 20 years and has has done so much, not just in the department but across the school. She will be missed in the school and we wish her all the best.
- W/b 9th October – S4 Work Experience
- Wednesday 11th October – School Photographs (S1/2)
- Thursday 12th October – School Photographs (S3 & S4 (pupils not on work experience) & family photos
- Monday 16th – Friday 20th October – School closed for October break
- W/b 23rd October – S4 Work Experience
- Wednesday 25th October – P7 pupils visit to the school
- Wednesday 25th October – Caritas Commissioning Service at the Cathedral
- 24th October – School Photographs (S5/6 & S4 (pupils not on work experience))
- 26th/27th October – Duke of Edinburgh practice expedition
- Friday 27th October – S1 Lepra Fundraiser