These snow days have certainly given me a bit of unexpected time to catch up on things and reflect on the school over the last few weeks. It has not been as busy as it would normally be with extra curricular activities but this is due to the fact that there has been a big focus on the SQA exams, now only 8 weeks away. Departments have been focusing on getting pupils ready for exams, completing assignments and preparing for practicals. I hope that the pupils have used their time wisely over these ‘snow days’ to prepare for these exams. The exams start on 30th April and the full SQA exam timetable can be found here:
We recently had our Options evening for parents of S2/3 parents and then S4/5 parents. This was a great opportunity to find out how the pupils were being prepared and giving them information in order for them to help with this important decision. The S4/5 parents were informed not only of the traditional options including college courses but also Foundation Apprenticeships. More information about these apprenticeships can be found by contacting the school or by following this link: https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=33494
We had a group of S3 girls who attended the Fire Reach programme at Coatbridge Fire Station last week. They had a great time learning about First Aid, CPR and the basics of attending a road traffic incident and a fire. There was a group of boys starting this week but the snow put a stop to that!
I have been trying to get some feedback from parents on their thoughts on the school and in order to do this have been recently been emailing a short monthly online survey for completion. Your opinion really matters and so I would encourage you to get involved. If you have not been receiving the email, please contact the school office who can check that we have the correct email address for you.
- Wednesday 7th March – S2 Reports due to be issued
- Tuesday 13th March – S2 Parents’ Reporting Evening
- Monday 19th March – S3 Interim Reports due to be issued
- Tuesday 20th March – the third of our Information sessions for P7 parents at 7pm
- Tuesday 20th March – North Lanarkshire Schools’ Music Group Concert at Concert Hall
- Friday 23rd March – Patronal Feast Day Mass
- Wednesday 28th March – the last of our Information sessions for P7 parents at 2pm
- Thursday 29th March – Holy Thursday. School closes at 2.30pm