22nd December 2017

On Monday our second annual Christmas Interhouse Quiz took place hosted by our very own Philip and Holly, Mrs Smith and Mr Donnachie! After being thoroughly entertained, particularly by Mr Martin and Mr McVeagh on the catwalk, Sinclair House lifted the coveted trophy!

On Monday evening our S1 -3 pupils dusted off their dancing shoes and joined in at the Christmas Ceilidh. A great time was had by all.  Wednesday evening was the turn of S4 – 6 pupils and once again there was a great response with large numbers coming along and dancing the night away!

Our S1 pupils enjoyed a trip to the Panto in Glasgow on Tuesday and once again were a credit to the school. Oh yes they were!

And on Tuesday afternoon our pupils ably assisted by a number of staff organised a party for some of our Senior Citizens in the community. This was another well attended and great event with entertainment provided by a drama group, singers and dancers.

I have been to a number of Christmas shows over the last few weeks and this week had the pleasure of attending the Bothwellpark performance of ’How the Grinch stole Bothwellpark’s Chrsitmas’ and then the beautiful nativity put on by pupils at St Brendan’s PS.

Our S6 pupils have been working tirelessly helping out a number of events over the last few weeks and this week saw a group of pupils visiting Parksprings Care Home to performs some Christmas songs and another group helping Mr McHugh and the RE department organising parcels for the homeless unit, collected by pupils in the school.

It’s been a very busy time and staff and pupils are looking forward to well-earned rest.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my first few months in the school and thank everyone for the warm welcome I have received. I would just to like to wish you all a Happy and Holy Christmas and a Happy New Year when it comes.

Forthcoming Events

• Monday 8th January – School reopens.
  • Monday 22nd January – S5/6 Prelims begin (see link to timetable below)

https://olhs.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/s5_6-prelim-timetable-jan-2018-for-parents.pdf

• Tuesday 23rd January – S3 Parents’ Evening