Bookbug encourages parents and children to share books together from birth.
What is a Bookbug Session?
Bookbug Sessions combine stories, songs and rhymes in a fun and interactive way for children and families. A Bookbug Session is typically about 30 minutes long. It will always start with a hello song and end with a goodbye song. It will include songs and rhymes and a story.
Sharing books with your child has many wonderful benefits and it is never too early or too late to start. Sharing books together will:
- Develop your child’s language skills
- Help you bond with your child
- Help your child feel more relaxed
- Boost your child’s confidence
- Encourage your child to draw and write
- Give your child a head start in life
- Most importantly, it’s lots of fun!
Glenbrae holds a weekly bookbug session that you can attend with your child. Your child does not already have to attend the nursery. Ask any member of staff for details.
Glenbrae also holds a Bookbug Session each term as part of our ‘Stay & Play’ days. These are open to any child that attends the nursery and their parents/carers.