At Glenbrae we use Curriculum for Excellence in order to meet the learning needs of the children in the 3-5 room. This allows us to support and challenge our children’s learning, as appropriate, in order for them to achieve their full potential.
The aims of the curriculum are:-
• to recognise the parent as the prime educator and to value the learning which takes place in the child’s home and community.
• to offer a broad based experience which provides developmental opportunities to enable our children to become successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors, and responsible citizens.
• to provide a variety of learning experiences that are geared to the individual child’s stage of development.
• to offer all learning experiences equally to both boys and girls, and actively promote the council’s policy on equal opportunities.
Within Glenbrae we provide structure, support and direction to enable children to be:-
• Successful Learners
• Confident Individuals
• Responsible Citizens
• Effective Contributors
Curriculum for Excellence has eight subject areas:
• Literacy and English
• Numeracy and Mathematics
• Expressive Arts
• Religious and Moral Education
• Health and Wellbeing
• Social Studies
The Curriculum is divided into different levels from age 3 – 18. We will be working on the Early Level which starts in nursery and continues into Primary One.
Staff have a sound knowledge of the early level outcomes from this document and are continuously involved in training. Curriculum plans are made on both medium and short-term basis, to ensure the best possible learning experiences for all children and children are consulted on all aspects of their learning.
Through careful planning and observation we will support your child’s learning and development. As parents we will involve you in each stage of your child’s learning.