Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

A Week in the Life of Room 27

In Room 27 we have been working hard on our spelling and reading. For writing, we were creating exciting endings for imaginative stories. This was our final piece of narrative writing – ask us what we have learnt about the features of narrative.

In Maths, we have been rounding the the nearest 100 and 10 and also using compass points with angles. We were challenging ourselves with new angle sizes such as 135 degrees.

In Health and Wellbeing we have been thinking about how we can take care of ourselves and used the Emotion Works cog model to think of ‘regulation strategies’. We have been learning about positive affirmations and how giving compliments and helping others can help us to feel good.

We have been doing gymnastics, football and basketball in PE.

We got together with all of the other P5 classes this morning to discuss ideas for our next topic. We will now vote to choose the most popular.

In French, we were learning the numbers up to 31. This will help us with saying the date in French.

“I really enjoyed doing gymnastics for PE.” AG

“I enjoyed counting up to 31 in French.” AR

“I enjoyed making the gymnastics routine and showing it.” MN

“I liked doing the rounding in Maths.” HT

“I liked that we are getting to choose our new topic.” LK

“I really liked basketball.” OB

“I liked playing French bingo.” KH

Have a good weekend.

Room 27,  Miss Higgins and Miss Macfarlane