December Newsletter

There are a number of important outings and events happening over the coming weeks. I do hope you can join with us and support your children at as many as possible…

Christmas Choir

The choir have been practicing very hard with Mr Doherty during lunch times and now have a full set of Christmas carols and songs to perform. Dates for performances are:

·         6th December – Forge ASDA 1.30-2.30pm

·         13th December – Forge Shopping Centre (near Primark) 11.30-12.30 and 1-2pm

·         14th December – Glasgow Fort – 3-4.30pm (near to Next)

·         15th December – St Rollox Tesco 11-12pm

·         20th December – Buchanan Galleries (charitable event) 10.45-12noon

It would be great if you could come along and see the pupils sing for a short time in order to show your support.

Christmas Service

Christmas Service will be on 16th December at 9.45am. Pupils in Primary 2/1 and 7 will be performing the nativity play. All pupils are practicing very hard at the moment, and I hope you can come and support all their efforts. All families and friends welcome to attend. The service will be followed by tea and coffee with mince pies.

Christmas Jumper Day

On December 16th we will be having Christmas jumper day. If your child wishes to wear their Christmas jumper they pay £1 and this money will be donated to charity. We hope to support people at Christmas time who are not as fortunate as ourselves. I do hope you will support this by allowing your child to take part.

Christmas Market

Primary 7 pupils have been invited along to the Christmas Market Place at St Enoch. They will be attending on 12th December at 1.30pm. They will get the chance to taste different foods from around the world, and learn a little about how the food is produced.

School holidays

School will close at 2.30pm on the 21st December 2015

School will re-open at 9am on the 5th January 2016

August Newsletter

August 2016 Issue  1

Welcome Back!

A huge welcome back to everyone! I do hope you all had a great summer and enjoyed lots of family fun times…despite the weather! We are back with energy and enthusiasm to take on the new 2016-17 session. I am delighted to say that, at the moment, we are fully staffed with pupils and teachers transitioning smoothly into this new session. We welcome Mr Thomson in primary 4/3 who will teach 4 days with Miss White teaching class on a Wednesday. Aside from Mr Thomson all faces are familiar at present, with students planned to join us in November.

As always, I welcome parents and carers into the school to share views, questions or worries and I, along with the staff, will do everything possible to help with any situation. Continue reading “August Newsletter”

February/March Newsletter

Busy Busy!

My apologies for putting this newsletter out early but I feel there are so many new and exciting things going on in Royston Primary that I would like to let you know about. PLEASE READ! Some of our pupils say that parents/carers do not read our newsletters and this would be a real shame if it were the case. This is one of the main ways we communicate with you and let you know about school life.

Parent Evening

As you know parent meetings were changed to 1st March. This will indeed go ahead and appointments will be out imminently. Appointments will be around 10 minutes depending on class size however if you feel you need longer to discuss issues then please do let us know and we can make a separate appointment time.

Continue reading “February/March Newsletter”

December Newsletter

Christmas Choir

• 7th December – Forge Shopping Centre 11.30-12.30 and 1-2pm (at the Primark end)
• 9th December – Glasgow Fort – 2.30-4pm (near to Next)
• 17th December – St Rollox Tesco 11-12pm
• 18th December – At school service – 9.45am
• 21st December – The Forge Asda – 1.30-2.30pm

It would be great if you could come along and see the pupils sing for a short time in order to show your support. Continue reading “December Newsletter”

September 2015 Issue 2 Newsletter

September 2015 Issue 2

Open afternoon

We will be having our first open afternoon on Thursday the 24th September 2015. This will run from 2-3pm and we hope that you as parents and carers can manage in for some time to visit your child’s class. During that time your child will be engaged in learning in class and the teacher will be teaching, therefore it will not be a meeting with the teacher, simply an opportunity to see your child in their classroom environment. Your child may have the chance to show you some of their great work and talk you through important aspects of their school development. Continue reading “September 2015 Issue 2 Newsletter”