In my work experience I worked in David Lloyds gym. I participated in taking classes and shadowing personal training sessions.

Throughout the week I had different tasks ranging from planning fitness classes to learning about nutrition. The personal trainers that I was working with were very helpful and provided a lot of help for me in that week. I worked with lots of different people and produced training plans for them which was challenging but very interesting. There is many things you have to take into consideration being a personal trainer as it is dealing with people’s health and well being.

I developed new communication skills as I was helping members in a class or how to work equipment on the gym floor. This has really developed my confidence as I was getting asked different questions from staff and members and having to think on my feet.

My favourite part was being able to take classes and plan them because I felt in control and contributing well towards the department. The feedback I got was very high and people enjoying what I done for them, this is what made my experience very rewarding also. The staff said they liked working with me and I made a difference to the job. Not only did I increase my confidence and communication skills, I learned parts of the personal training course that I can take when I’m 16, this will make it much easier for me and develop my understanding of the course when I take it.

Overall I have really loved my work experience and can’t wait to see what happens in the future.