Can you go on your daily walk and find some?
If the answer is yes, then here are some ideas from Miss McArthur you can try out!
Choose your favourite colours and paint away… this will help:
- Develop creativity – it doesn’t matter if the picture doesn’t look like anything to you, to your child it’s a masterpiece.
- Express their feelings and thoughts without words – sometimes paintings tell a story.
- Develop problem solving and motor skills – as they figure out how to manipulate the rock and painting tools.
- Painting small world animals or fairies.
- Creating a fairy or elf door,
- Painting minibeasts.
- Create your own number or letter hunt around the house or in your garden.
Use rocks and stones as loose parts
What shapes can you turn them into?
Miss McArthur can build a tower of 5.
Is your tower bigger or smaller?
Remember to Tweet to let us see what you used your rocks for! @GlenwoodFC #Glenwoodlearningathome