Baby Bear and his chair

A huge thank you to all the people who have commented on our blog!  

This week has been a busy week in P1. We have been continuing with our learning through Goldilocks and the Three Bears. We have had lots of story books all about Goldilocks and some of them tell the story in a different way.  

We have lots of books about Goldilocks and the Three Bears

One of our favourite books has been “A Chair for Baby Bear”. This book is all about what happens after Goldilocks leaves the cottage and Baby bear has a broken chair. Baby bear must decide on  a new chair for himself. We designed a chair for baby bear. Here are some of our designs.  

A car chair by Steven

A rocket chair by Callum

A dragon chair by Amy

A spaceship chair by Asir

A t-rex chair by Ross

A snake chair by Javeria

This story made us think that Goldilocks was sorry for going into the bears cottage so we decided to write a letter to the bears from Goldilocks. We have just started with our letter so here is some of our writing.  

In ICT this week we used Glow Meet for the first time. Glow meet is very special as you can talk to people and share things across Scotland. P1a1 sat in their classroom and P1a2 sat in their classroom. We went into Glow and went onto glow meet. We were able to send messages to our friends in the class next door and draw pictures for them. Then we turned on our camera and we were able to see the class next door and hear them. We all took turns of talking to one of our friends and asking them a question. We thought it was very funny.   

Then we thought about how to stay safe on the internet. We talked about the internet being a placed that joined up computers all over the world and that is how everyone can see our blog! Here is the link to the movie we watched to help us think about staying safe online.  

http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/hectorsworld/Episode1/  

We are looking forward to reading all your comments in class.

3 thoughts on “Baby Bear and his chair”

1. Hello Primary 1. I am so sorry I have not commented on your blog for a while but I have been very busy.

I have been so lucky to have been in both your classes this week and I am amazed at how clever you all are!!!

I agree that A Chair for Baby is a great book and I loved seeing how imaginative you all are in designing your own chairs.

In the Sunshine Room we are all excited about an egg that ha arrived. It is getting bigger and I catch wait to see what will hatch!

Keep up the super learning.

Miss George xx

2. very good primary one i liked the work it was really good i liked your drawings they were really nice it looks like you have been doing alot of work