Tuesday 19th May 2020

Mickey Mouse - Happy Tuesday (With images) | Mickey mouse ...

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you have all had a super long weekend.

Some tasks for you to complete. Enjoy!

Activity 1 -Phonics Schumacher's Safari: News and Information Sept. 7th  new sound ch

L.I. to understand that 2 letters can make 1 sound

S.C. I can say the sound to match the letter shape

S.C. I can blend this sound with other sounds

S.C. I can write this sound

New sound today  ch          

ch is a green sound because it is formed by using the flat center of your tongue between the yellow and blue sounds. Practice saying the ch sound. Now practice your blending skills. Blend the sounds below to make words,. Watch out ch can be a beginning and end sound!

ch – i – p          ch – o – p           ch – i – n          ch – ai – n      m – a – t – ch     c – a -t –ch

w -i – t – ch

Now go on to complete “handwriting Practice ch” sheet from your learning pack. Challenge – turn over and complete “Word Building”.

Activity 2 – Reading –Clipart book reading, Clipart book reading Transparent FREE for ...

L.I to read words and sentences

S.C. I can use pictures in the story as a clue to help me with unfamiliar words

S.C. I can use words that I know in a sentence to help predict what an unfamiliar word could be

New book from Oxford Owls (remember go to www.oxfordowl.co.uk then My class login – deansprimary1 password reading, click on ebook  age 5-6 and scroll down to  No tricks, Gran!)

Enjoy reading the book with someone in your house and complete play activity 1 – rhyming words and play activity 2 – fill in the missing sound to create a word.

Activity 3- Numeracy Math Numeracy Clipart Number Talks

L.I. to identify different number combinations

S.C. I can describe how may dots I see and how I see them

Today dot pattern challenge within a ten frame!

Remember Number Talks are all about how you solve a task mentally. For this activity don’t use anything to help you, just your brain!

Once you have answered, draw and/or write down the way you worked it out, take a picture and send it to the school I would love you see your mental maths skills!

Activity 4 – Numeracy – Free Add Sign Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on ...       Addition

L.I. to add 2 numbers together

S.C. I can start at a number and count on in ones

S.C. I know that and, add  + all mean the same thing

S.C. I can use a number line or concrete material

Please complete “Addition facts for 7 and 8” Home activity 3 from your learning pack. Challenge – Ask an adult to help you learn to say addition facts for 7 and 8 quickly! Good luck!

Activity 5 – French Free France Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on ...

L.I. to speak and understand short french phrases

S.C. I can say the colours of the rainbow in French

I would like you to watch the clip below and practice singing the rainbow song in french. You can then complete “Ac en ciel” sheet from your learning pack. (indigo should be swapped for pink “rose”)

Enjoy learning French, I can wait to hear you!

Have a brilliant day. I will post more activities on Thursday as tomorrow is Wellness Wednesday!