Primary One – Friday 15th May 2020

Good Morning Everyone! It’s Friday!

animated happy friday images - Google Search | Happy friday ...

Just a wee reminder from Mrs Stewart can you please send your completed Wellbeing Slogan using twitter or email. She is very excited to see your fantastic ideas. Some tasks for you to try today.

Activity 1 – Sonshine Yoga from Mrs Anderson Clipart Wallpaper Blink - Kid Yoga Clipart , Transparent Cartoon ...

Mrs Anderson has asked me to forward this link . Enjoy!

Mrs Anderson needs your help

Activity 2 – Phonics Phonics Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock sh sound

L.I. to understand that 2 letters can make 1 sound

S.C. I can say the sound to match the letter

S.C. I can blend this sound with other sounds to read words

S.C. I can spell words with this sound

Complete “sh word search” from your learning pack.

Copy 2 sets of the sh words below onto pieces of paper. You can then play snap or a pairs game. Alternatively you could draw a picture and match it to one of the sh words . Enjoy!

ship    shop   shark    shed   shells   sharp    fish   mash   dish    smash

Activity 3 –  Free Numeracy Clipart, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on ...       Numeracy

L.I. to identify patterns and number combinations

S.C. I can say how many I see and how I see them

The children have had some experience with rekenreks in the classroom. Rekenreks are an important tool to help students reason about numbers, subitise, build fluency and compute using number relationships.  It’s also important to give learners an opportunity to show representations in an abstract form. An example below-

Have a go at the examples below- How many beads do you see and how do you see them? Draw the rekenrek pattern to show your thinking

Activity 4 – Math’s – MeasureMeasurement Clipart Png

L.I to measure using non-standard units

S.C. I can describe the length of an object using the language longer/shorter

I would like you to complete “tick things longer than your pencil” in your learning pack . There are a number of objects on the page and you must tick the ones that are longer than your pencil. Then carry on answer complete -draw a shorter straw and draw a longer crayon (emphasis on the language – longer/shorter)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and remember Monday is a holiday so I will post more activities on Tuesday. Take care and stay safe!