I hope you all enjoyed Sports Day and found some fun activities to do!
Here are today’s tasks. As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
If you do Reading Eggspress, do 30mins of your lesson and the next 20 words in your yellow spelling booklet along with any you need to practise from last week. Practising these regularly will really make a difference and help you for P7 🙂
Everyone else, we’re going to do some comprehension. Read the passage below then answer the questions giving full sentences where you can. I recommend reading the passage twice. This will make it much easier when answering the questions.
This week, following on from fractions, we’re going to look at decimals. This is revision but it has also been a while since we worked on decimals. Look at the place value chart below to remind yourself of each of the columns.
If you do workbook 5, today you’re going to look at tenths. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zvyrkxs Watch and read the teaching part at the top of this page then complete activities 1 and 2.
If you do workbook 6, today you will be looking at the connection between fractions and decimals.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zrsc86f Watch the teaching video and read the information. Then complete activities 1 and 2.
So another treat today – the Olympics and no other tasks from your class teacher 🙂
This week we are challenging you all to the speed bounce – This is a challenge that Morning everyone,
Thanks to everyone who liked and put up photos of Sports Day. If you can’t upload just leave me a wee comment or like.
is easy for everyone to do inside or outside their house.
Please give this challenge a go, challenge your parents, carers, friends, anyone!!
Sports Day – Monday 15th June
I don’t know what equipment you have at home or what the weathers going to be like so I’ve tried to keep this accessible to everyone.
You don’t have to complete everything. Choose things that you think you will enjoy – and try and push yourself!!!
Have fun and ask family members to join in. Let me know how you got on and try and post me some photos.
- Egg and spoon race – use whatever you have, apple/potato – how many laps can you do?
- Sack race – maybe use a pillow case – ask an adult!!!!!!! – how far can you go?
- Daily 15 – can you hop/skip/jump/run/walk for 15 minutes
- Instead of splat the teacher, splat the adult with a wet sponge – please ask the adult!!! – how many times can you hit them on the legs?
- Can you create an obstacle course? How many times can you go round it?
- Throw and clap. How many times can you throw a ball/pair of socks up , clp your hands and catch it?
- Blindfold balance. Wrap a blindfold/scarf around your eyes – no cheating!!! – and see how long you can balance on one leg without holding onto anything.
- Book balance. Put a book – more than 1 if you want a challenge!!! – on your head and see how long you can walk about for before the book drops.
- Stand up/Sit down. Sit on a chair, how many times can you stand up and sit down without stopping?
- How many times can you bounce a ball on a tennis racquet? You can use a frying pan and a pair of socks too.
- How long can you go on your bike/scooter/roller skates/trampoline for?
- Three legged race
- How many step ups in 30 seconds – using front, back or inside steps
- Wheelbarrow – get your parent, carer or sibling to help you out, see how fast you can complete a lap
- “Egg Toss” – yourself and one other stand apart, using an apple, socks, egg, anything, see how many throws you can get without dropping the ball. Teamwork.
- Hurdles – using some equipment from your garden, or towels from your house, set them up with small spaces in between, see how far you can get the hurdles apart
- Speed Bounce – Have an item on the ground that you can jump over. Standing with your feet together you need to jump over the item side to side without touching the item in the middle – see how many times you can jump over
- Shot put – Using a sock
- On line activities – you tube
a. The Body Coach https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+body+coach
b. Kids Workout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxSexSQJmKY
c. Fun Workout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL4aAhfwZCM
d. Les Mills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WgkiB-GQMI
e. TKD for kids https://www.google.com/search?q=tkd+kids+workout&rlz=1C1GCEV_en&oq=tkd+kids+workout&aqs=chrome..69i57.17204j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
f. NHS Fitness https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-fitness-studio/
g. Very Well Family https://www.verywellfamily.com/fitness-and-physical-activities-for-school-aged-kids-1257209
h. Fun Family Activities https://www.familyfuntwincities.com/physical-activities-for-kids/
i. Renfrewshire Leisure https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fchannel%2FUCMkJUF4KR3MIzxVwvdqINeg%2Fvideos&data=02%7C01%7Camy.couttie%40renfrewshire.gov.uk%7Cd81bc57c1cd94e74874008d80b87922b%7Cca2953361aa64486b2b2cf7669625305%7C0%7C0%7C637272024178772824&sdata=Lx1bO9n23MSolKJ%2Fx37cH%2B9YJW1UCGe3jU7%2FEO6rnsA%3D&reserved=0
This will be a sports day like no other. Your class teacher won’t be posting today. Make the most of it 🙂
Now during lockdown we have had to stop going places, stay home and learn to keep busy around the house. Life has become very simple and I don’t know about you but I look forward to mealtimes and going to bed as that’s all we’ve been allowed to do!!
I have attached PowerPoint that will show you about our body clocks. Everyone from P1-P7 can look at the ppt as I have added audio in.
Body Clocks ppt
Now the activity I have is on the last slide and I just want you to think about what you do in 24hours.
For P1-3 You can chat to someone in your house about what your body clock is like, then either write a few sentences about it or film a clip of you talking about it. You don’t have to complete the clock template unless you’d like to.
P4-7 you can all complete the clock template.
I hope you enjoy learning about the clock inside of us all that makes us want to eat, sleep and get busy. I’ve certainly learned a few things whilst I have been preparing this for you.
I’ve included the pdf with the full size clock template here too.
Have a good day!
Mrs Campbell 😀
Good morning P6
Thank you for all of your hard work this week. Here are today’s activities.
Today, I’m looking for you to get creative and write your own story. Look at the picture below to inspire you. Some things to think about when creating your story are who does the shoes belong to? Why have they been left? Where are they?
Today we are going to do some problem solving. You have a choice of which activity you would like to try:
- Try some of the challenges on Google Classroom or Dojo. Some are quite tricky but it would be great to see you challenge yourself with them 🙂
Here’s your math’s for today. We are practising adding mentally. The more you practise the better you become. You also begin to see patterns and start to remember number facts.
Have a look how to play the Top spot game in this file.
For SG, JMcL, EC, EW, ED, SB
Next door numbers P6a
For AG, AMcD
Next Door numbers P6b
Mrs Campbell 😀
I hope you’re all having a nice week so far. Here are today’s activities. Remember to take your time and Friday will be for any catching up.
Today we’re going to look at the books on getepic.com again. I know most of you managed to get connected last week but if you are having any trouble with this please let me know.
Find a book you are interested in, read it then complete one of your Guided Reading tasks about it. Please complete a task you haven’t done already.
If you are part of Mrs Campbell’s Maths Seeds group, do 30mins of Maths Seeds then the activity Mrs Campbell will post.
If you are working on Workbook 6, please completed activity 22. Remember, when finding a fraction of an amount it is the same as dividing by the denominator (the number at the bottom of the fraction). So for 1a, ½ of 16 is the same as 16 ÷ 2.