The first step of our journey to becoming a Rights Respecting School was to achieve the Bronze award. Despite the restrictions put in place by Covid 19 we were able to successfully complete this step before the summer of 2020.
We achieved this by completing the following steps within the school.
- We created and held our first staff committee, led by Mrs Lowry (Modern Studies) and we have over 10 staff members from different departments involved.
- We organised and delivered assemblies to all year groups introducing the RRS committee and establishing what our goal is heading into summer.
(The PowerPoint for the assemblies can also be found in the link below)
- 20 pupils in the school, from across ALL year groups have signed up to be on the pupil committee.
- Raised awareness of parents/carers of the RRS initiative by sending letters home with information.
- Completed a pupil and staff audit of their awareness and understanding of children’s rights.
- Delivered RE/PSHE lessons with all year groups to further pupils understanding
of what rights they have.
- During RE/PSHE lessons, each class will pick one right they believe is the most
important right for their class.
What are the next steps in our RRS journey?
- Deliver a staff workshop in the next in-service day
- Create an action plan for the next award – Silver