SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION KIT POLICY
The St Andrew’s HS Policy on PE kit is consistent with the North Lanarkshire Council Code of Practice for Participation in Physical Education.
1. All pupils are required to bring full kit for each PE lesson they are timetables for.
2. PE clothing must be in line with school dress policy and should not include football team tops, or feature inappropriate slogans on t-shirts.
3. PE clothing should not be inappropriate for participation in a school environment.
4. Watches, jewellery, or any other items which may be deemed dangerous to self or others, should be removed before participation.
5. The school will not be responsible for valuable items such as jewellery, mobile phones, I-pods etc.
PUPILS WHO ARE INJURED OR UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE FULLY
1. Pupils in this category should still bring full kit, and a note from parents/guardians outlining the nature of the injury or illness.
2. Pupils will be given modified activity, in line with what they are capable of, or assume another role within the lesson, such as coach, referee etc.
In this way pupils can still be fully involved with their peers, and fully engage in learning. This policy also dramatically cuts down on the instances of pupils arriving without kit.
Failure to comply with the above policy may result in disciplinary action being taken
NORTH LANARKSHIRE POLICY LINK