In St Andrew’s High School we have a number of promoted teachers responsible for Pupil Support. They have a caring, counselling and supportive role and assist pupils in a broad range of issues.
Pupil Support Team 2020/21
- S1 – Ms Veldon
- S2 – Miss Banks
- S3 – Miss Donnelly (maternity cover for Mrs Roy)
- S4 – Mrs Gray
- S5 – Ms MacAveety (cover for Ms Trainer)
- S6 – Miss Doyle
DHT Responsible for Pupil Support & Support for Learning – Ms Morrison
Mr Cunningham – Principal Teacher of Support for Learning
Mr R Shaw – Teacher of Support for Learning
The Pupil Support team at St Andrew’s HS are very keen to establish and encourage close links between home and the school, as we feel this will help pupils achieve their very best at school. Parents and carers should contact the appropriate Pupil Support teacher if they wish to discuss any matter regarding their child. Having this link with the school and the home will ensure we are able to work together and support and guide our pupils at different stages of their school life.
Every pupil knows that the Pupil Support team are here for them to talk to if they are worried or concerned about something or someone.
The Pupil Support team are involved in many activities to support our young people:
- S1 Induction Programme
- Choices Programme as various year stages
- Monitoring Pupil Attendance and Timekeeping
- Monitoring Pupil Academic Progress
- Mentoring Programme
- Careers Education
- Care of Pupils with special educational needs
- Contact with Parents
- Offering support and advice on matters arising from parents
- Links with school departments and outside agencies
- Preparing reports on pupils for employers, colleges and universities
We are confident that we know our pupils well and that the relationships between teachers and pupils are excellent. We firmly believe that these excellent relationships are the foundation for future success for all of our young people.