Our 2 -3 year-olds room is registered, with the Care Inspectorate, for up to 15 children. Currently, the Smillie Room has 3 early years education and childcare officers (EYECO) and 1 early years support assistant (EYSA).
Since August 2020, eligible 2 year-olds have been entitled to 1140 hours of early learning and childcare if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,320
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit when your household take-home pay, is £610 or less.
Or if the child is age 2 or over and is or, since they turned 2 has been (in terms of legal status):
- ‘Looked After’ by a local council
- The subject of a ‘Kinship Care Order’; or
- The subject of a ‘Parent Appointed Guardianship Order’; or
- Has a care experienced parent – (Parent has been in residential care, foster care, kinship care, or has been looked-after at home with a supervision requirement at any stage in their life)
More information about eligible 2 year old places can be found on Inverclyde Council’s website: 2 year old places – Inverclyde Council
We also have a limited number of Wrapround spaces within our 2-3 room which incur a charge. Please contact the nursery for more information so that we can gather more information about your requirements.
If you do not meet the requirements for a funded 2 year old place or do not feel that Wrapround would best meet your needs, you may contact the Centre for advice.