The Smillie Room can accommodate up to 15 children, aged 2-3 years old. Currently, the Smillie Room has 3 early years education and childcare officers (EYECO) and 1 early years support assistant (EYSA).
A two year-old children may be eligible for 1140 hours, of free early learning and childcare, per year, if the parent/carer is entitled to one of the following qualifying benefits.
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,320
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit when your household take-home pay, is £610 or less.
Or if the child is age 2 or over and is or, since they turned 2 has been (in terms of legal status):
- ‘Looked After’ by a local council
- The subject of a ‘Kinship Care Order’; or
- The subject of a ‘Parent Appointed Guardianship Order’; or
- Has a care experienced parent – (Parent has been in residential care, foster care, kinship care, or has been looked-after at home with a supervision requirement at any stage in their life
Before your application is received by the centre, you will be asked to show proof of your child’s date of birth in the form of their birth certificate and proof of your residing address in the form of a council tax letter/tenancy agreement.
We also have a limited number of Wrapround spaces within our 2-3 room which incur a charge.
If you do not live in the defined area for Gibshill Children’s Centre we cannot accept your application and you would be advised to apply at another ELC setting within your defined area.
Please contact the nursery if you would like to discuss your requirements.
More information can also be found found on Inverclyde Council’s website: 2 year old places – Inverclyde Council