MY HERO!

Today we introduced what our genre is going to be in writing over the next few weeks, before the October break:

BIOGRAPHY!

A BIOGRAPHY is an recount of someone’s life, written by someone who has shown an interest in them.

We will be teaching this through the theme of:

MY HERO!

YOUR HOMEWORK: DUE Wednesday 19th September 2012

• Choose your HERO. This should be someone who has made a DIFFERENCE. This could be a difference to your life, or the lives of many. Think- “What have they done for the world?
  • RESEARCH your hero using books and the internet. Our advice is to AVOID Wikipedia, as the information is notย necessarilyย true.
  • YOUR TASK is to BRING IN as much information you can find about your hero- NOT to write about the person- we will do that during writing time.

We look forward to hearing out who your hero is.

COMMENT ON THE BLOG TELLING US WHO YOUR HERO IS BY WEDNESDAY

Mr.Cook, Mrs.MacLeod and Mrs.Prentice

46 thoughts on “MY HERO!”

1. I am doing the biography on Bill Gates who founded Microsoft. He is a very clever man who is rich and gives away most of his money.

2. MICHAEL JORDAN IS HARD BEEN ON 2 WEBSITES AND GUESS WHAT……………………..NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. My Hero is A.A.Milne(the man who wrote the Winnie Pooh books),because he has changed many lives like mine with his fun and adventurous books.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

4. I have chosen my hero to be Andy Murray because he has acheived so much and and I am sure to everyone he is a great brittish hero.

5. Mr. Cook me and you are the same.I never even knew you chose him plus I’ve already done my homework.I chose Roald Dahl because I think he is the best author ever.

6. My hero is Lord Lovat. During WW2 he volunteered to join one of the new commando units being formed by the British Army.

7. I have got Jordan Rizzle Stephens and Harley Sylvester from RIZZLE KICKS instead of eminem.See you all tomorrow.

8. Hey, For my biography I am doing Genghis Khan its so interesting well it was interesting I am already finished!

9. My hero is Lionel Messi.I have chosen Messi as my hero because he inspired me to play football as he is a great footballer.;)

10. My hero is Gary hopper because he inspired me to play football and great Celtic player. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

11. My hero is Andy Murray because he is so determand to win and he is from Scotland
    sorry about the matthew m post forgot to change name

12. My hero is my great grandad as he fought in the wwII and got lots of medals and was sent toffee from my great granny as well as mouse traps to stop them from stealing their food! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ :p

13. My hero is Yuna Kim. She has inspired me and young people to ice skate. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hope everyone finds a good hero.
    See you tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

14. My hero is Roald Dahl. I have chosen Roald Dahl as my hero as he has inspired millions of people across the world to fall in love with books. He has made reading exciting for generations of children and adults. He has inspired film makers to create films. When I researched Roald Dahl, I found out information I did not know about him.

I went onto:
    http://www.roalddahl.com/

There is LOTS of information on the ‘ROALD DAHL BIOGRAPHY’ section, when you click ‘THE MAN’ at the top of the page.