Newton Farm Primary School and Nursery Class

This Week in Room 27

It has been a very busy week in Room 27.

We started our first class novel of Primary 5, ‘The Wild Robot’, and are all really enjoying the story. We made predictions about the text and also used our skills of characterisation to create profiles and pictures of Roz, the main character.

We wrote very special letters to our future selves about our hopes and wishes for P5. These will be stored safely in our class time capsule until the end of the year when we will have the joy of opening and reading them. We are very much looking forward to finding out if anything has changed in this time!

In Maths, we have been looking at strategies to complete addition and subtraction calculations. We have also been practising our written methods for these.

We began to learn about compass points, coordinates and direction and created our own maps of the island in The Wild Robot.

In PE, we have been developing our teamwork and co-operation skills by playing lots of different team games. We have been learning about the importance of warming up and cooling down too.

AR: “I have really enjoyed our first full week together as Room 27.”

AM: “I really enjoyed the cone game in PE because we were quite competitive!”

OB: “PE has been tiring but useful to our muscles and strength'”

KH: “I have had a really good week and am excited to see what comes next.”

KW: “I really enjoyed Art and drawing our self portraits.”

SM: “I feel like I’ve got to know everyone better this week.”

Thank you for reading our blog post, have a lovely weekend,

Room 27, Miss Higgins and Miss Macfarlane