Primary 1 Enrolment

Welcome to Hyndland

I am so sorry I cannot welcome you for a face to face tour of Hyndland Primary over the course of the enrolment week this year due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. I always prefer to meet our prospective families in person to welcome you to the school and answer any questions or queries you have.

We always try our best to find solutions to challenges and have therefore created an online P1 Enrolment week offering to provide as much information and support as we possible to help you find out more about our great school and the work that we do. We have included:

• A general presentation about Hyndland Primary School
  • A presentation for you to share with your child(ren) to give them a first insight into what they can expect to see and do in Hyndland Primary.
  • A presentation to support you with the online enrolment application process via the Glasgow City Council website.
  • A virtual tour video from some of our very own Hyndland P1 and P7 pupils to show you around.
  • Some testimonials from our current P1 parents and carers about their experience of enrolment week and what it has been like to become part of the Hyndland Primary community.

I hope the content of the web page goes some way towards providing an insight into our school and a ‘feel’ for our nurturing ethos, our shared values and what our team can provide to young people and families.

Welcome to Hyndland Primary

Mr S. Frame

Depute Headteacher P1-3

Helpful Presentations

Please click the link below to view a general presentation about Hyndland Primary School.

P1 Enrolment Week Presentation

Please click the link below to view a presentation for you to share with your child(ren) to give them a first insight into what they can expect to see and do in Hyndland Primary.

Children’s Presentation

The P1 enrolment poster from Glasgow City Council with further information on how to enrol can be found below.

P1 Enrolment Week Poster

Please click the link below to view a presentation to support you with the online enrolment application process via the Glasgow City Council website.

Online Enrolment Guidance Presentation

Virtual Tour

As we are unable to invite families into our school for a tour just now some of our helpful Primary 1 and Primary 7 pupils have created a virtual tour video to help you get to know the school building. The video file is quite large in size and may take a few moments to start playing.

Click here to watch our virtual tour!

Parent Testimonials

Some of our parents who have children in Primary 1 have kindly recorded some helpful videos for families about enrolling at Hyndland and their experiences so far. Click the links below to watch them, they will open in a new tab. The video files are quite large in size and may take a few moments to start playing.

Parent Testimonial Video 1

Parent Testimonial Video 2

Parent Testimonial Video 3

Parent Testimonial

“My little girl and I with the other children and parents went for two visits to Hyndland primary before she started school.

The first visit was with Mr. Frame who was very approachable and gave parents lots of time to ask questions.  Mr. Frame then gave us a tour of the parts of the school the primary 1’s would be using.  We were given a lot of useful information about the school. I felt very happy with the visit and I asked quite a few questions which were all answered in detail.

On our second visit, we were taken into the primary 1 class my little girl would be in. It was really nice meeting my little girl’s future teacher and the other teachers too. Mr. Frame was there and explained how the staff would support parents and the children during the COVID-19 pandemic. The structure of the school day was discussed and parents were given time to ask any questions.  I felt more confident and reassured after these discussions. 

We were also e-mailed videos of on-line school tours which my little girl enjoyed watching and lots more information.  

All in all the school visits, videos and e-mail information was invaluable for parents and children.

It was all very positive and a big thank you to all the staff!”

Any Further Queries…

If you have any other further queries about enrolling at Hyndland Primary School you can get in touch via email at hyndlandenrolment@glow.sch.uk

We look forward to meeting you soon!