- The pupils for all their hard work in learning their song words and script lines and for helping us to prepare for the event.
- All the staff who helped children with their songs and words; making props and costumes; painting the backdrop; preparing the hall for the performance and supervising the children during the concert.
- Mrs Duncan and Mr Maciver who worked with us to learn the songs and music.
- Mary Stewart, our school cook for making and donating the Christmas cake that was raffled for Bethesda and DR Macdonald from Bethesda for attending the event.
- The Parent Council whose raffle proceeds will go to supporting the work of the school.
- All the parents, families and members of our community who came along and supported the concert.
We will be holding a special end-of-term Christmas assembly led by Rev. C I Macleod on Friday 20th December at 11.00am. We would like to extend an invitation to parents and families to attend this assembly with us.
If you would like to join us for this assembly, please contact the school office to confirm your place: 820230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to everyone who responded to the consultation about extending the hours at Sgoil Araich Loch a Tuath from August 2014. The considerable majority of responses were in favour of extending the hours by 10 minutes a day, five days a week. This would mean the Sgoil Araich would operate from 8.50am to 12.00pm daily from August 2014. The results of the consultation have now been passed to the Education Department for consideration and we hope to be able to confirm the proposals for our opening hours for August 2014 in the new year.
All concert tickets are now sold out.
We look forward to welcoming parents, families and friends to the school on Monday night for our special Christmas performance.
The Parent Council will be selling more tickets and drawing the winners of their Christmas raffle on Monday night.
LAST FEW TICKETS…
There are a very small number of tickets remaining for the concert on Monday 16th December. They are selling fast and will be sold on a first-come first-served basis.
Tickets go on sale on Monday 9th December for this year’s Christmas Concert production. An order form was sent home with chidren today and it can also be downloaded in PDF format below:
Orders will initially be limited to three per family to allow all families the chance to get tickets. All orders must reach the school by Thursday 12th December. Any remaining tickets will go on general sale from Friday 13th December.
From August 2014, the hours of the Sgoil Araich will be increased from 15hrs per week to 15hrs and 50 mins. We want to find out from parents what their preferred option is for extending the hours.
1 – Start at 8.50am daily instead of 9.00am
2 – Extend one session a week to 12.50pm
You can reply to this consultation in three different ways:
The consultation closes on Thursday 12th December 2013.
** We would be grateful if you could help us by circulating word of this consultation to any new parents/carers who may be considering enrolling in Sgoil Araich Loch a Tuath in August 2014.
Sgoil a’ Bhac is expected to be open as usual tomorrow. The status will be confirmed in the morning when a further check of conditions will take place.
Sgoil a’ Bhac is expected to be open as usual today. Please take extreme care when travelling to school and we would ask that parents use individual judgement about suitability of their children’s journeys to school.