Primary 3/4 Home Learning – Week Beginning Mon 15 June

Hello Primary 3/4, I hope you and your families are all well. Please look through this week’s tasks below with your grown up. Just do your best, that’s all I look for.

Literacy and English

1) This weeks phonic sound is “oo” and your words to practice reading and spelling are: zoo, mood, fool, spoon, look, stool and cook.  If you want to challenge yourself further, try to think of 5 different oo words. This week, please practice by writing each word out in a list then using Look, Cover, Write, Check to write each word out 3 times again. Do you think you could write the words out in alphabetical order too?

2) Aim to spend around 20-25 minutes on Bug Club. You could split this into 2 shorter sessions of 10 minutes if you wish. I have made sure that you all have books allocated. Remember to check for any teacher feedback too.
3) Write a set of instructions/recipe. I love food, cooking and baking! This week I would like you to ask your grown up if you can help them to prepare/cook either lunch/dinner/dessert one day. Then, I would like you to write out the recipe so that someone else can follow it. Remember to include your ingredients list, equipment list, time connectives (first, then, next etc) and write each instruction in a logical order.

Numeracy & Maths
4) Go on sumdog and complete the challenge questions focused on reading clocks. When you log in and go to play a game, the clock questions will come up first. Last week’s questions on place value are still there if you have not completed them yet.
5) Use the missing piece calculations below to practice subtraction. There is an example and a number line to help you. It may also help to think of each question as a word problem. For example, if I go to a shop a spend £4 and now I have £8 left, how much must I have had to start with?

6) Complete the challenges below. There are 2 different challenges to try. The pictures and the information will help you to find the answers.

All My Other Learning
7) Create a family minibeast quiz! Why don’t you create a quiz all about minibeasts to challenge the members of the family. You could try making it a “Who Am I?” quiz. For example, I have symmetrical wings. Who am I? (Butterfly).
Here is an online quiz you can try too: https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-t-10433-minibeast-quiz-powerpoint
8) Complete the minibeast activities on this site. If you scroll down a little, you will see there is a starter activity, main session part 1, main session part 2 and a plenary. Or, you can download the lesson pack. There are lots of really fun and different activities here that I am sure you will enjoy. http://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/minbeasts/eng/Introduction/default.htm
9) Create a fitness circuit for you and your family. There are some ideas below that you can aim to include in your circuit.

10) Mrs Hill has prepared some tasks for you too: https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/mrshmusic/2020/06/11/p3-4-music-activities-week-beginning-15th-june/
Take care of yourself and each other and I hope to see you when we can,
From Mrs Hastings x