Primary 3/4 Home Learning – Week Beginning Mon 4th May

Hello Primary 3/4, I hope that you and your families are well and enjoying family time together. Please find below this week’s home learning tasks. Remember – only do what you can and don’t worry. Health and happiness come first!

Literacy & English
1) This weeks phonic sound is “qu” and your words to practice reading and spelling are: quick, square, queen, quiz, quarter, quilt and quit. If you want to challenge yourself further, try to think of 5 different qu words. You could practice spelling these in colour using Rollin’ Rainbow Spelling.

2) Aim to spend around 20-25 minutes on Bug Club. You could split this into 2 shorter sessions of 10 minutes if you wish. I have made sure that you all have books allocated. Remember to check for any teacher feedback too.
3) Become an illustrator and design a new front cover for a book you have at home or have read on Bug Club. Think about the information you need to include such as the title and author. Aim to make it eye catching for the reader.

Numeracy & Maths
4) Go on sumdog and complete the challenge questions focused on subtraction. When you log in and go to play a game, the subtraction questions will come up first. Last week’s questions on addition are still there if you have not completed them yet.
5) Practice telling the time around the house. Look and see how many clocks you can find in the house – microwaves, phones etc. Try to make a daily timetable to show how you spend a day. Write down the time and the activity you are doing. For example:
9:00 am Eat my breakfast
11:30am Go on sumdog
4:15pm Family walk
7:00pm Dinner together

6) Practice number bonds for 10 and 20. If you are unsure, it may help to draw them out. If you feel ready, you could try number bonds to 100. For example, 60 add ? = 100? 45 add ? = 100 79 add ? = 100
a. 6 + ? = 10
b. 3 + ? = 10
c. 9 + ? = 10
d. 15 + ? = 20
e. 13 + ? = 20
f. 18 + ? = 20

All My Other Learning
7) Design your own symmetrical butterfly. You could draw this in your home learning jotter or you could draw one on card/paper and cut it out. Did you know that a butterflies wings are symmetrical? Here is a short video to remind you what symmetry means and some pictures to get you started: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/ztpyr82

8) It is important we keep active during our time at home. Use the link below to access one of our favourite videos in class – Learning Station’s Move and Freeze. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388Q44ReOWE

Mrs Hill has prepared some tasks for you too:

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/mrshmusic/2020/04/30/p3-4-music-activities-week-beginning-4th-may-2020/

Take care of yourself and each other and I hope to see you when we can,
From Mrs Hastings x

2 thoughts on “Primary 3/4 Home Learning – Week Beginning Mon 4th May”

1. Hi there, I’ve received your voicemail regarding Kyle today but my phone didn’t register any calls.