Good morning. This is Springfield Primary School’s Junior Road Safety Officers Lucy Roy and Euan Boyes. Today we had a meeting with Mr. Gillespie, outlining our duties and responsibilities for the year ahead.
P6 JRSO next steps:
- Survey in all classes to determine how children
Travel to school.
Options for survey- bike, walk, car or park and ride.
- Ask pupils if they feel they are more likely to cycle to school after they had taken part in last year’s big pedal event.
- To make a competition for the best poster to promote road safety.
- Inform all classes that this year’s Big Pedal event will take place between 18th April and the 29th April 2016.
- Superhero fund raising day 29th April
- To create a PowerPoint for assembly after finding the “Big Pedal” results and share these with the school.
- Contact local traffic warden/lollypop man and see if they can share any information with us.
- To interview P5/P4 for new JRSO’s.
We are greatly looking forward to the year ahead!
By Lucy Roy and Euan Boyes.