Primary 1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 13th May 2022

Good afternoon. What a very busy and productive week for Primary 1. In Literacy we learned the oa and ‘ow’ as in brown sounds. We played roll and read, looked for real and nonsense words, played snakes and ladders and made words. In writing we wrote about our pets if we had one or what pet we would like if we didn’t have one.

In Maths this week we have been exploring weight and capacity. We measured classroom items using a pan balance and cubes. We explored how many scoops of water it took to fill containers and guessed how many cups first of all before finding out.

This week we did our first assembly to the school. We took a trip through our whole school year sharing our learning through play. We worked very hard to learn our lines. Miss Maclachlan is very proud of us.  Here are the children’s reflections:

Angus – “I loved doing our assembly. I liked saying my verse of the poem.”

Matthew – “I loved all of our assembly.”

Mitchell – “I enjoyed learning oa and ow during literacy.”

Aaron – “All of the assembly is my highlight.”

Leo – “I liked learning about capacity and how many scoops of water it took to fill the containers.”

Mia – “I liked learning oa and ow.”

Finlay – “Same as Aaron.”

Lyla – “I enjoyed saying the poem and watching others say their lines in our assembly.”

Ishanvi – “I liked learning my lines and performing the assembly to the school.”

Orlaith – “I enjoyed our assembly.”

Emma – “I loved the assembly.”

Gracie – “I liked the whole week at school.”

Ayaat – “I loved the whole week.”

David – “I enjoyed everything.”

Jessica – “I enjoyed the assembly.”

Emily – “I have enjoyed feeding the fish and helping to look after the fish.”

Have a lovely weekend.

Miss Maclachlan