P2 Learning Reflection W/E 13th May 2022

This week in numeracy the children have been making equal groups. Skip counting in 10, 5 and 2. In number talks they have been solving addition problems by adding or subtracting one of the addends to make a friendly number. In writing the children wrote step by step instructions for making seed bombs.  They have explored the water cycle and made a pictogram of ocean animals.  In PE the children have been practising their tennis skills.

Georgia – Yesterday we were drawing the water cycle. The water comes up because of the sun. When it’s raining the water comes back down to the ocean.

Grace – We are doing tennis in PE. We have been practising hitting the ball to each other.

Rhy-Lee – I liked doing the water cycle. When the water goes up it is called evaporation. Then it goes into a cloud. When it’s going to rain it’s called precipitation!

Caleb – In number talks we were making friendly numbers.

Ella – I like doing PE. We did tennis. We were practising how to balance the ball in the racquet.

Oliver – I liked when we were doing PE. I like doing tennis because my Dad sometimes plays with me!

Arianna – I liked number talks. We were making ten then counting on.

Elyas – I liked doing PE. We had to bounce the ball and our partner had to hit it with their racquet.

Jack – I liked working with Josh and Caleb, to make a poster about underwater creatures. We made a pictogram.  It showed all the underwater sea creatures. We had the most pufferfish. The sharks were the least.

Willow – I like doing number talks and numeracy. We have been making ten. We have been counting in 10’s. We made equal groups. Equal means they groups have the same amount.

Kyra – In PE we have been playing tennis. I am good at balancing the tennis ball on the racquet.

Nathan – We learned about the water cycle. The water comes down the mountain and it goes under the mud into the water. It comes from the rain. It goes into the ocean. The sun rises up the water into the clouds and it rains again.

Thea – I enjoyed playing outside with Willow. We did our dance and our dance is called rain on me.

Olivia – I enjoyed PE. I really like playing tennis with Willow. If we missed the ball with the racquet we had to go and chase it.

Josh – We made a picture gram. The picture gram showed six pufferfish, three sharks, three octopus and five fish. We had the most pufferfish! You need to include a title, labels and a key.