P2-1 Weekly Reflection 11.03.22

This week in P2-1 we have been busy developing our knowledge of place value within 50. We have been considering different ways of representating numbers and have been ordering and comparing numbers to 50. We have had great fun playing the Caterpillar Ordering game. Primary 1 have also been learning about quarters and enjoyed playing Karate Cats.

In Literacy P2 children have been revising the split diagraphs and the important job of Magic e in changing vowels from their sound to their letter name, for example, pin – pine, cub – cube. We enjoyed singing The Magic E Song . Primary 1 have been revising Set 2 sounds and impressed Mrs Clyne this week with their word building skills.

For Health and Wellbeing we tuned in to Authors Live with Tom Percival who was reading his book The River. It is a beautiful, thought-provoking story about managing unpredictable feelings and Tom showed us how to drawing emotions in our own illustrations.

Today we had our first whole school assembly since March 2020. We liked being with all the other classes and singing together. Miss Hamilton and some of the P7s were telling us more about Skipper and the tools he uses to help Build Resilience. We can use these tools to help us when things are not going so well.

Rory “I liked Fischy music in the assembly and counting to 100.”

Dexter “I really liked making the train station with the blocks.”

Minny “I liked drawing along with Tom in the Authors Live.”

Dylan “I enjoyed learning numbers to 50.”

Theo “I liked seeing our old head teacher back in the school.”

Cooper “I liked drawing with Tom.”

Hunter “I liked doing Maths and making halves.”

Cara “I liked seeing Mrs Mill back.”