P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 11th March 2022

Good afternoon. In Literacy we have learned the split diagraph sounds ‘a-e’ and ‘i-e’ We taught ted how to write ‘a-e’ words, looked for ‘a-e’ words in a picture, played roll and read, read then drew i-e words and played ‘i-e’ snakes and ladders. For writing we worked in partners and wrote superhero acrostic poems.

In Maths this week we have been exploring number bonds to 20. We looked at different strategies for helping us to find number bonds to 20 such as making 10 first. We used rekenreks, counters, number spinners and Numicon to help us make then write down our number bonds to 20. We also played a matching rainbow game where we had to find the pot of gold to match the number at the start of the rainbow.

On Tuesday afternoon we went to the discovery den where our P7 STEM leaders led us in some very exciting activities around the topic of nature. We looked for birds, sorted fish into different categories, explored rocks, sifted soil, sand, salt and sugar out of water and used Scratch junior on the I Pads to make an animal move. In the class we made superhero stick puppets, drew a picture of our superhero helping someone stuck in the snow and discussed people who help us. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“I liked practising writing my letters.” David

“I loved doing gym on the mats.” Gracie

“I liked finding words in the ladybug wordsearch.” Ishanvi

“I liked doing the exercises in the gym hall.” Finlay

“I liked assembly. We learned how to be kind and about filling up our buckets. We had the story in class.” Emma

“I liked telling my story in the tent for our writing project.” Orlaith

“I liked filming my story.” Emily

“I loved being a story teller and illustrator.” Aaron

Have a lovely weekend

Miss Maclachlan