P5 reflection

Before we reflect on this busy week, just a reminder that P5 will be starting their Outdoor Learning lessons on Wednesday afternoon 7th October. Please ensure your child is dressed so that they can stay warm and dry.

There was a lot of new learning and activities in Primary 5 this week. Madame Moore from Inveralmond CHS came to visit this morning to teach us French. She was impressed by how much we have remembered from previous lessons. Madame Moore will be coming back every Thursday afternoon starting next week.

Emma M finally received her prize for the poetry competition she won during lockdown. Congratulations Emma!

We have watched a video from Mr Gourdie the school instrumental teacher about learning to play a brass instrument. A few of us were very interested in taking up this opportunity.

As part of Maths week Scotland we have been watching some videos of STEM Ambassadors talking about their jobs and how they use STEM subjects even in jobs where you wouldn’t think about it. We also heard some of them say how important it is to check and double check our work in case we make a mistake.

Freya – I liked when Madame Moore came this morning. It was fun to learn and I enjoyed it.

Finn – I liked the maths when it was learning about taking away with more than one exchange. I didn’t whizz through it because it was more challenging but it was good.

Jarrad – I liked the French with Madame Moore and I liked the PE. We learned some skills for hockey and I enjoyed it. On Tuesday it was fun when we were looking at the different leaf shapes in the garden. It started to rain and it was fun.

William – I like PE because I enjoy the laps around the field and I like the duck walks.

Olly – I enjoyed doing the card for Mrs Robertson because it was really quiet and I liked doing something nice for Mrs Robertson.

Labib – I liked PE when we did hockey and I also liked it when we did PE Bingo. I liked the Smart Start when we have to find as many words as we can. I liked doing French with Madame Moore.

Angus – I liked it when Mrs Sansom included Super Mario as one of the Odd One Out things during Smart Start. It was Mario’s 35th birthday.

Darcy – I liked doing the subtracting with more than one exchange because it was a challenge.

Luke – It is quite fun to be creating a cover for our book for French lessons.

Leo – I liked French with Madame Moore because it was fun and she was nice. I am enjoying making the cover for my French book.