P1 Learning reflection W/E 25.9.20

This has been a short but busy week in P1. We revised all our learned sounds and built words using the magnetic boards, so far we have learned: m, a, s, d, t, i, n, p, g, and o! In handwriting the children had to focus on using a good pencil grip and correct letter formation, some of the children managed to write some CVC words independently using learned sounds, fantastic! The children have started to use tickled pink and green for growth to self-assess their learning. For tickled pink the children highlight in pink one piece of super writing, then they use the green for growth highlighter to show something they need to practise more. In maths, the children have used beads, bricks, paint, ICT and pegboards to create their own repeated patterns using two or three different colours. You can access the ICT game they have enjoyed playing below:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/shape-patterns

Children’s Learning Highlights

Grace – We were drawing the things we like to smell and the things we don’t like to smell. I like to smell apple cake and I don’t like to smell Dad’s slippers.

Oliver – We did repeating colours, we made a repeating pattern. I made a necklace with red and orange!

Georgia – We were making words with the letters, I made ‘sam’.

Kyra – I liked handwriting, we did down the insect’s body and a dot for his head. The pink pen is for your best one and the green one if for your worst one.

Ella – I enjoyed playing in the garden.

Josh – Learning French, we learned to say hello, bonjour!

Grace – I have enjoyed colouring the little boy and girl who were saying bonjour to each other.