P1 Weekly Reflection

What a busy week!  We have been learning the sounds and and talking a lot about rhyming words.  Dave from Wee Story, Big Sound project brought in his shopping and we talked about the rhyming items he had bought; grape/tape, jam/ham, bananas/sultanas, cheese/peas and bread/chocolate spread.  We also listened to Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae and played at being word detectives as we tried to find the rhyming words.

In numeracy we have been counting forwards and backwards to 10 and 20 and trying to order these numbers correctly.  We also talked about the patterns we spotted when we look at writing 1 and 11, 2 and 12, 3 and 13 and so on.  We have begun to talk about the number before and number after.

In our Health work we have begun to develop our understanding of the Wellbeing Web and talk about the wellbeing indicators; Safe, Healthy, Achieving, Nurtured, Active, Respected, Responsible and Included.  We talked about ways we can keep ourselves and others safe within the classroom, perhaps you could talk about ways you stay safe at home?

This morning we held our very first Curriculum Cafe and it was great to have so many parents come along and chat to the children about their learning.  The children also commented on how they like this experience.

Isla “I Liked showing my mum and dad my work!”

Georgie “I liked to see my mum, dad and little brother.  I telled them about some of my learning.”

Sophie “I liked the cafe with my mum.”

Zac “It was good showing my mum my picture of my lego.”

Albert “I liked showing mummy my letters.”

Sophie “I think it is good to show mummy my work.”

Elloise “I liked talking about my learning with my mummy.”

Have a lovely weekend.