Primary One – Monday 25th May 2020

Good Morning Everyone!

126 Best Monday images | Monday blessings, Monday greetings, Happy ...

I hope you are all well and had a good weekend. The weather hasn’t been great but I hope you still managed to get your daily exercise. Some tasks for you to complete.

Activity 1 – Phonics Free Phonics Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on ...th sound

L.I. to understand that 2 letters can make 1 sound

S.C. I can say the sound to match the letter shape

S.C. I can blend this sound with other sounds to read words

S.C. I can write this sound

A new sound today! We are going to be focusing on the th sound.

Can you practice saying the th sound. Your tongue is flat and the air escapes between your tongue and top teeth. Your tongue will stick out slightly.  It is a quite blue sound that often gets mixed up the f sound.

Can you blend these sounds together to say these th words?

th – i – n     th – i – ck        th – i – n – k         th – u – m – b        th – r – o – w

p – a – th        b – a – th      t – ee – th              t – oo – th           c – l  – o – th

Write the words in your jotter and draw a picture to match each one. Then complete Handwriting Practice th sheet from your home learning pack.

Activity 2 – Reading reading clipart - Google Search | Owl classroom, Clip art, Owl theme

L.I. to read words and sentences

S.C. I can use pictures in the story as a clue to help me recognise unfamiliar words

S.C. I can use words that I know in a sentence to help predict what an unfamiliar word could be

Your new book is called Our Incredible Planet 

Remember you can find the book at www.oxfordowl.co.uk ,then  go to My Class Login (deansprimary1 then password – reading) , ebooks, age 5-6 then scroll down to Our Incredible World. It is a non-fiction book (the information is real!!) Enjoy sharing this book with someone at home, it has lots of interesting information in it. Complete Questions to read and answer (at the back).

Activity 3 –  Numeracy Numeracy Stock Photos And Images - 123RFNumber Talks

L.I. to add numbers together

S.C. I can show the steps I took to solve a problem

S.C. I can explain why I did it the way I did

S.C. I can check my answers and make sure my answer is correct

Remember number talks are all about how you solve a task mentally. For this activity, don’t use anything to help you, just use your brain!

4 + 6 =

7 + 4 =

4 + 8 =

4 + 9 =

Activity 4 – Numeracy Count Numeracy Stock Illustrations – 145 Count Numeracy Stock ...

L.I to sequence numbers

S.C. I can identify the largest/smallest number

S.C. I can order numbers from smallest to largest

S.C. I can order  numbers from largest to smallest

For this activity go to you Home Learning Pack and in numeracy part you will find Home Activity 7 Largest/smallest, ordering number. Complete this activity, you will need to make 3 sets of 0-20 numeral cards and follow the first activity instructions. Then move onto identifying largest and smallest numbers and lastly the ordering of numerals.

Activity 5 – Health and Wellbeing Pin en Graphics

Last week you completed “What I Want in a Friend Activity” have a think about all the things that friendship means to you, then have a listen to the song below (I am sure you will recognise it)

How does that make you feel listening to the song? Can you draw a picture of yourself and write all the super qualities that you have to offer to a friend around the picture of you, for example are you kind, are you a good listener? do you like to share?

Have an amazing day. I will post more activities tomorrow.