Thursday 14/05/20

Hello boys and girls, I hope everyone has had a good week and you are ready for Thursday’s home learning tasks. I hope you enjoyed Wellbeing Wednesday and got involved in the wellbeing slogan competition. Good luck!

I thought we might start today with a dance workout.

R.E.

For the next wee while in our religious studies we are going to look at celebrations and festivals. We are going to focus today on an important Christian celebration. We have talked about it before, it is a Christening. Watch the powerpoint to remind us.

R.E.t-re-579-ks1-christening-powerpoint_ver_3

Now complete the Baptism/Christening worksheet. Notice in this worksheet they use the word vicar for a minister.

-baptism-labelling-activity-sheet-

This week we are going to have another wee look at nouns. I know you have been adding adjectives into your writing work so this should be straightforward. If you want to remind yourself about them have a look at this youtube clip (it is a bit American but it’s a good reminder about nouns).

Then complete the noun worksheet below.

underline the nouns

Maths

We are continuing our work on fractions and are focusing on halves and quarters.

Complete the half worksheet by sorting the half fraction shapes from the others. Use the second sheet to check your answers.

t-n-252473-is-it-half-activity-sheet

Now complete the second worksheet which asks you to sort halves and quarters. Use the second sheet to check your answers.

T-N-1419-Halves-and-Quarters-Sorting-Worksheet

Health & Well Being

Today we are going to look at friends and what that means.

Look at the powerpoint.

t-t-6877-friendship-and-what-it-means-powerpoint-_ver_6

Now complete the friendship worksheet. Choose the things you like best in a friend and glue them in the spaces. Try to make the outline look like your friend.

t-s-870-what-i-want-in-a-friend-activity_ver_1

Let’s finish with a story. This is another one of my favourites – Somebody loves you, Mr Hatch