Primary One – Thursday 7th May 2020

Good Morning Everyone! Hope you are all well and ready to learn!

Have A Wonderful Thursday Colorful Picture

Activity 1 – Singing

I know you must be missing your friends so I wondered if singing a song would cheer you up and remind you of a time when we were altogether.  Do you remember this song- “Hello Friends”? Why not sing it to someone at home and teach them the actions.

Activity 2 – Phonics Writing Phonics Clipart  ng sound

L.I. to understand that 2 letters can make 1 sound

S.C. I can blend this sound with other sounds to read words

S.C. I can spell words with this sound

S.C. I can complete a sentence by adding a missing word

Yesterday I introduced you to our new sound ng. Today  I would like you to complete “ng Words Cut and Paste” from your spelling and phonics activity pack as well as the ng handwriting sheet. Below are some sentences with missing ng words. Can you complete the sentence by adding the correct missing word? The missing words are in bold below. (remember you can use your jotter)

king      swing   ring    sting     long

1. A giraffe has a ……………………………………….. neck.
  2. I have a …………………………….. in my garden.
  3. Watch out! The bee may ……………………………….. you.
  4. The ………………………….. wears a crown.
  5. I wear a ………………………….. on  my finger.

Activity 3 – Reading Free Free Reading Clipart, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art ...

L.I. to read words and sentences

S.C. I can use pictures in the story as a clue to help me with unfamiliar words

S.C. I can read words I know in a sentence and use them to help me decide what an unfamiliar word could be

S.C. I can recognise and read tricky words

I hope you are enjoying reading Stuck in the Mud! Today I would like you to try and unscramble the sentences below. Remember to use your book to help you. You can write your answers in your jotter. Top Tip – remember to look our for capital letters and full stops!

1. said Biff. “What path! muddy a”
  2. “sheep a It’s” Dad. said
  3. out. The sheep couldn’t  get
  4. into the sank He mud.
  5. Chip went help. to and Wilma
  6. boot. Dad’s to went get Wilma

Activity 4 – Numeracy   – 

L.I. to count on and back

S.C. I can combine 2 numbers to make 10

S.C. I can count objects to 10

You have all been given passwords for educationcity (inside your jotter from week 1 pack).

I have set up some numeracy learning games for you to try. Just put eduactioncity into your browser and go to login, put in your username and password etc. then go to Set Classwork. Once you have clicked in you will see our whole class, just click onto your name and try some of the activities (Hustle and Bustle – number bonds, Ten Pin – number bonds, Sten by 10, Bottle Alley etc). I look forward to seeing your scores. Have Fun!

Activity 5 – Health and Wellbeing – Random Acts of Kindness.

In school we talk a lot about our school values and how we always treat people with kindness and respect. As a continuation of this I would like you to carry out 2 random acts of kindness, A little clip below to inspire you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwelE8yyY0U

A few examples-

Clear the table after dinner without being asked

Send a letter or drawing to someone you haven’t  seen for a while. Tell them what you have been up to and how much you miss them.

Thanks you so much for sending me pictures of your beautiful art work. They made my day! Have a great day. More activities tomorrow.