An excellent day at the County Sports

On  Monday the 4th June I went with the South Mainland sports team to compete at the County Sports competition at the athletics track. I was competing in 3 events. I did really well in the long jump coming 2nd with a new pb  4.03 metres. I also did quite well in the high jump coming 3rd and the highest height I cleared was 1.20m. And in the 400m I came 1st and I don’t know my time yet. It was a really good day and I would love to relive winning the 400m again.

by Ciaran

On Monday the 4th June Ciaran, Jacob, Ayla, Cameron, Lewis, Archie and I all from our school got to go to theCounty Sports which was at the Clickimin. I was in the 400 and 800 races, cricketball throw and the high jump. I didn’t do as well as I’d hoped but I really enjoyed myself. Overall our South Mainland team did really well and got 16 medals. I really enjoyed the day and would do it all again.

by Lily-Jane

Yesterday 7 people from Dunrossness got picked to go to the Clickimin to do County Sports. I took part in the high jump and the 400 metres race and I also had to stand in and do the sack race. Our team won the relay race and we won 16 medals between 18 of us. It was a really long day but we all tried our best. Overall I really enjoyed it.

by Ayla

I was doing the 100 metres and high jump. When we got there the events started almost immediately and I had to wait until midday for my events. I did high jump which I don’t really like and I went out quite quickly. I then did the 200 metres and enjoyed that. Then there was the medals  presentation and Archie got five medals. Overall it was really fun and I would love to do it again.

by Jacob