John Muir Day at Kergord

On Monday 4th June the P7s went to Kergord and we took a mini-bus. It was a 40-45 minute drive. When we got there Pete Richards told us what to do and we walked into the woods. John took us on an obstacle course around the trees.Then we went in a broken-down house and had our snacks.

After we got split up into 2 groups to build dens. I was in a group with Molly, Michaela, Lauren and Bertie.

Our den was okay but the other group’s was better. Then we went back to the house to have lunch and John got a fire going and told us about John Muir. Later we went into the middle of the forest and played a game similar to Hide and Seek. Overall it was an amazing day and I would love to do it all again.  (by Declan)

I really enjoyed going to Kergord to do our John Muir day. It was really fun going round and up the trees. I would love to do it again. (Fearghas)

I really enjoyed Kergord because it challenged me to do different things and have fun in the woods.  we did flips over logs and walked on logs over burns and we made dens out of twigs we found.  it was just overall a great day. (Carys)

Yesterday we went to Kergord Woods, I was really scared because I hadn’t brought any of the essentials. Luckily it was a very gentle activity. When we got there we were told to smell the grass and the soil, then we went for a trek around the forest, across the stream, bridges and up trees. Then we arrived in a small den which was absolutely FILLED with midges. We had a snack then we were told to find a good spot and build a shelter out of nothing but wood and then we had a pretty woodland home. After lunch John hosted 5 games of Hide and Seek, but with a slight twist to it. Then it was time to go back on the minibus and be driven back to school. Overall I really enjoyed the experience and would quite like to go again sometime. (By Bertie)

When we got there we walked up a small hill to get to the woods. First we all lay down on the grass and we had to smell it. John said it made him feel calm and he liked the smell……. After lunch we built dens and played a game called ‘The World’s Best Game’. I really enjoyed it and would do it again. (Eve)

Yesterday we went to Kergord on a John Muir Day. We did an obstacle course, climbed trees and later on Pete told us a story. We built dens and played a game of Hide and Seek- it was really fun and I hope to do it again.  (Michaela)

…….Once we had lunch we played a game like Hide and Seek and then we headed back to the mini-bus to go back to school. It was a really fun day and I would definitely want to go back again. (Emily)

,,,,,,,We went to Kergord forest and it was great. We climbed trees and there were some logs over a burn and we had to walk over them. There was an old broken building that we went to. We had our lunch and snack there and John lit a small fire and Pete told us a story. We also built shelters and played a really fun game. I really enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next John Muir trip. (Lauryn)

I had a really fun time at Kergord with Mrs Leslie, John and Pete. First they gave us a backpack, a water-proof jacket and some water-proof leggings……

…….Then we played the best game in the world where someone was in the middle and everyone else had 30 seconds to run away and hide. The person in the middle had to stay where they were and see if they could spot anyone. If they couldn’t then the time would get less and less down to five seconds and the closest one to the middle person wins. Then we ate a clover and it tasted like a green apple. (Molly)

When we arrived we got out of the mini-buses and got told to face-plant the grass and smell the soil and grass. We got to climb up trees and walk across big logs………

……. Then we had lunch and Pete told us a story called The Cat’s Whiskers. After lunch we played a version of Hide and Seek. (Zara)

One thought on “John Muir Day at Kergord”