Stromness Academy Library

Books, reading and life in a school library

Alternate Library

DSCN7531DSCN7545DSCN7540DSCN7548

The library is closed and here I am sitting out of my comfort zone, hearing banging and concrete drilling come from my library next door. Have taken over a spare English classroom for a couple of weeks whilst new windows are being put in. Have a couple of trolleys of select fiction, non-fiction and reference, some magazines, a display of green books (and some of the library plants), and some bean bags and soft seating.

DSCN7554 DSCN7552

DSCN7590 Have already done three P7 transition lessons – virtual tour of the library (via Prezi) and now have pupils in on computers, reading and watching videos on their devices (for English) or on computers. DSCN7603 The usual lunchtime crowd came in and played Magic the Gathering, joined by a number of the visiting P7s who had asked earlier in the day if they could come at lunchtime.  Hopefully I can now get on with some of the work I haven’t been doing the last few days due to packing up various sections of the library so shelves can be shifted away from windows and moving resources and my ‘stuff’ through to the classroom. FS.