Holy Cross Primary

Primary 4/3

Primary 4 have been working on their subtraction skills. They can lay out written calculations with the tens and units lined up correctly, placing the largest number at the top of the sum. ‘I know that if the bottom unit is bigger than the top I will need to borrow a ten from the tens column’ -Alexa.

Primary 3 can build upon and record the 2 times table in a variety of ways. We will begin to look at the 4 and 8 times table and how they are linked looking for patterns. Primary 3 are becoming more confident in using multiplication.

In Beyond Number P.3 have been following directions using the terms ‘clockwise and anti-clockwise’ to describe the turns they need to take. Primary 4 have extended on this by using the compass points and have been talking about right angles.

When the Zoo Lab man came we found out about different rainforest animals. We got to see and touch a huge African snail, a snake and a rat! We also looked at a real tarantula! The man was really fun and he told us some awesome facts. We also impressed him with our knowledge of the rainforests. ‘It was a good experience! I even touched a snake and I’m not scared of them any more!’ -Darcy

Primary 3 made their First Reconciliation and it was a wonderfully blessed night. Thank you to Father Sullivan and the other priests who came along to make their night so very special. Well done Primary 3!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Primary 4/3 and Miss McDonald