A warm welcome to the website of Holy Cross Primary School and Nursery Class. We hope you find this website a good source of information and helps you understand more about the life and work of our school. Our website is regularly updated and any important updates will be posted in the ‘updates’ section in the menu above.
Digital Schools Award Scotland
Holy Cross Primary is delighted to announce that, after a successful validation visit, we have received the Digital Schools Award.
Digital Schools Awards is a national awards scheme to promote, recognise and encourage a whole school approach to the use of digital technology in schools. Schools that successfully complete the programme receive a nationally recognised award by Education Scotland.
The validation visit noted the following:
· Digital learning is well embedded in classroom practice at Holy Cross and the use of digital tools for learning and teaching is fully integrated in a whole school digital approach. The report also noted that the school exudes a strong sense of the value of the use of digital technologies in enhancing and supporting learning and teaching.
· Learners and Staff demonstrated confidence and enthusiasm when speaking about the positive impact digital technologies are having on learning and teaching, assisting in planning, monitoring and learner progress. There is a clear recognition of the benefits being brought to enhancing learning and teaching by the use of digital technology to connect with St Maurice’s cluster schools and wide range of partners.
· Digital Leader Learners and other learners explained confidently, eloquently and with enthusiasm how they were making use of digital technology to support their own learning, and how they are sharing with others in the school.
· Holy Cross has effective structures in place for the school to communicate with parents/carers about digital and other skills their children are developing, and opportunities are provided for parents/carers to engage digitally with the school and teachers.
· The whole school is clearly committed to embedding digital technologies and ensuring continuous improvement.
‘We are absolutely delighted to receive the Digital Schools Award and will continue to ensure we collaborate with our learners to fully embrace digital technologies to enhance our learning and teaching at Holy Cross.’