We have a very active Parent Council that serves both School and Nursery. The Parent Teacher Group forms a sub-committee of the Parent Council and is responsible for fundraising and organising school events. We also have a Nursery Parents’ Group that meets during the day. We welcome new members to all of our meetings. Those who wish to help out at events are also encouraged to contact us.
Currently, the following parents serve on the various groups:
Chair – Mrs Anne Jackson
Vice-chair – Mrs Donna Carrigan
Secretary – Mrs Catherine Green
Treasurer – Mrs Donna Wallace
Church rep – Mr Robert O’ Donnell
Teacher rep – Mr Martin McKenna
Professional Adviser – Mrs Marie Murphy
PTG Chair – Mrs Lynn Kelly
PTG Teacher reps – Mrs Bernadette Shaw, Mrs Michelle Docherty
Mrs Sharon Quinn
Mrs Marie Lang
Mrs Lorna Lalley
Mrs Nadine Killard
Mrs Linda McAleer & Mr John McAleer
Mrs Suzanne Goldie
Mrs Dawn Irving
Mrs Annemarie Maloney
Mrs Oona Gilchrist
The Parent Council’s Rights and Duties will include:
- supporting the work of the school
- representing the views of parents
- consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest
- promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the wider community
- taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff
- receiving reports from the head teacher and education authority, and receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses.
- improving home-school partnerships and facilitating parental involvement A Parent Council Constitution has been formulated in consultation with staff and parents. It is available from the school and is on display in each of the school buildings.
Members of Parent Councils, on a voluntary basis, may also have an advisory role in decisions on placing requests by parents in respect of those situations where the number of placing requests for a particular school or for a particular stage in a particular school exceeds the number of places available.
A Parent Council Constitution has been formulated in consultation with staff and parents. It is available from the school and is on display in each of the school buildings.