During the month of January, details of registration and enrolment for children starting school in August will appear in the Local Press (Cumbernauld News and Kilsyth Chronicle) and in Church Bulletins.
You must register your child in the school which serves your catchment area. However, you may exercise your parental right and apply to enrol your any in any school of your choice.
If you wish to enrol your child in Holy Cross please bring with you a copy of the child’s
Birth Certificate and evidence that you live within the school’s catchment area. Where appropriate, your child’s Certificate of Baptism may also be produced at this stage. Holy Cross Primary School offers an induction programme which usually consists of one meeting during the months of June and a further two meetings in September. Our induction programme aims to :
- promote Holy Cross Primary as a centre of excellence
- inform parents of the day to day running of the school
- introduce parents to the Primary One programmes of study in all areas of the curriculum
- allow parents the opportunity to handle and sample the various resources used to implement the programmes of study
- involve and encourage parents to participate in the education of their children.
The Head Teacher of Holy Cross Primary will afford the teachers of the new primary one classes the opportunity to visit the local nursery school. In this way, the teachers will get to know the new pupils and so make transition for them much easier and smoother.