The school policy regarding homework is that it should be a vehicle towards effective parental involvement and partnership. In this way the parents will become more informed as to the nature and breadth of the work the children are involved with in school.
It is important that the amount of homework is within reason and suited to the age and ability of each child. Normally, homework activities should last around 20 – 30 minutes.
Homework might be set as follows:
- preparing and practising reading
- revising tables, number facts, number operations
- learning spelling patterns and rules
- revising language and grammar skills
- carrying out simple research tasks.
As homework is aimed to benefit the child, you are asked to cooperate by ensuring that the work is completed and signed.